Quantcast IE 11 for win 7 SP1 has anyone done this upgrade yet? - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: IE 11 for win 7 SP1 has anyone done this upgrade yet?

Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: IE 11 for win 7 SP1 has anyone done this upgrade yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    What I do sometimes have is, when I first edit a post, certain words appear duplicated (they appear on the end of a line AND the beginning of the next line), but as soon as I put my cursor in the edit window and start typing, this resolves.
    WOW I thought I was the only one! Anyway I went from IE 9 to 11 - no problems at all, I have tested on ~15 sites that I frequent without issues. I saw some reports of issues with gadgets after updating under Win 7 but I had all mine closed during the update and they work fine now (HWInfo Sensors, & WMC )
    ~~ OFF topic what do you people use for a spell checker that integrates with IE 11 and/or Win 7

Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by JOSEA View Post
    OFF topic what do you people use for a spell checker that integrates with IE 11 and/or Win 7
    Have you tried the built-in one?
    Proofread your posts carefully to see if you any words out.

HP EliteBook 6930p resources: Windows 8.1 compatibility | NightLight brightness mod | scrolling with trackpoint | half-size WLAN card

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Indrek View Post
    Have you tried the built-in one?
    Your kidding right? I never saw one in IE or notice it working in IE9 or IE10? I used Speckie as the spell checker in IE and so far it has worked. I got frustrated with IE not helping with my spelling and mistakes it was killing me so that was why I used FF more til I found Speckie to help with IE spell checking and that was a godsend. You can't imagine the trivial mistakes one makes typing faster then they can read. And with Speckie it puts a red underline of the mispelling for you to back check which helps alot.
    Last edited by StormJumper; 10th November 2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: revise

Just This Side of Senile

IE 10 spell checked for me by default. This is the same for IE11 as well. It will do the same and place a red line under misspelt words but on occasion will instead do a word replacement. This at times can be annoying when you type a word wrong then it is replaced by a word you did not intend................
    Samsung NP700G7C-S01US, Ubuntu 12.10 & Windows 7, i7-3820 + 4 Bins, BD R/W, GTX 675m, 16GB Ram, 480GB Mushkin SSD Boot & 750GB 7,200 RPM Data, 400 nit 1080p 120Hz screen.
    Gateway P-79xx, Windows 7 64 Pro SP1, qx9200 @ 2.93-3.20 GHz, 8GB Ram, Mushkin Chronos DX 480GB, 500GB XT, Flush USB 3.0 express card, 260m Desk @ 550/1000/1350, Game @ 600/1000/1450 & powermizer off.
    Asus U81a, P8400, Windows 7 64 HP, 5-5-5-18 Memory (2x2GB), 500GB Momentus XT.
    Stock system, not in my house!!!!

The Interceptors

Quote Originally Posted by TANWare View Post
    IE 10 spell checked for me by default. This is the same for IE11 as well. It will do the same and place a red line under misspelt words but on occasion will instead do a word replacement. This at times can be annoying when you type a word wrong then it is replaced by a word you did not intend................
    Just add it to the dictionary.
    Funny, IE never spellchecked for me. I've been on 11 since the beta, and until recent upgrade to a full 11 I had no spellcheck.

As for browser itself, I'm beginning to like IE more and more. I'm now using FF and IE about 50/50. In 11 beta there were some stuff broken, but now it seems MS fixed every issue I had.
    ASUS M60J: 16" 1366*768, Intel i7 720QM 1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, nVidia GeForce 240M 1GB VRAM, Crucial M500 480GB SSD, Seagate Momentus 500GB 5400RPM HDD and some other less important hardware + Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Medicine for cowbell fever
    DISCLAIMER: in order to minimise the number of fatal outcomes my posts should not be taken very seriously!

Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by StormJumper View Post
    Your kidding right?
    Why would I be kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by StormJumper View Post
    I never saw one in IE or notice it working in IE9 or IE10?
    Spell checking wasn't added until IE10, so that's probably why you didn't notice it in IE9.

In IE10, go to Tools -> Manage add-ons -> Spelling Correction and make sure it's enabled and that you have dictionaries installed. Should be the same in IE11, though I can't check right now.
    Proofread your posts carefully to see if you any words out.

HP EliteBook 6930p resources: Windows 8.1 compatibility | NightLight brightness mod | scrolling with trackpoint | half-size WLAN card

Notebook Virtuoso

Thanks a lot Guys, bad spellings are underlined in red now and right click context menu works great for correshions (Just kidding) I used to go to Bing and check my spellings there via online dictionaries.
    Indrek you are absolutely correct about add-ons ....

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Indrek View Post
    Why would I be kidding?

Spell checking wasn't added until IE10, so that's probably why you didn't notice it in IE9.

In IE10, go to Tools -> Manage add-ons -> Spelling Correction and make sure it's enabled and that you have dictionaries installed. Should be the same in IE11, though I can't check right now.
    Considering how M$ late to do anything worth while I didn't find spell checker til I got Speckie and trust me I installed IE10 and by default it should be turned on why would one think user wouldn't want that option on and to turn off later should they want to. That so simple and intuitive that is why M$ is getting so much flack on W8.

Notebook Evangelist

Just downloaded it IE 11.

Cheers

Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    EDIT: I have never had missed keystrokes on any forum, including NBR, and I'm using IE11 on a ULV Ivy Bridge i3. Didn't have that issue with IE10 either.
    Interesting: I just tried it on a completely different laptop (different processor, different GPU, different software installed, etc.), and I have the exact same issue on a different forum. On this forum, the issue is still somewhat present, but it's not as bad.

P.S.: It's related to the spelling correction. If I turn spelling correction off, then everything is fine. With spelling correction, the editor here becomes unusable. In fact, it turns out that spelling correction by itself goes bonkers here: Almost every word I click on starts blinking with a red underline, claiming the word is repeated... Note that this only happens when I edit a post of mine. If I write a new post then there's no issue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast