Quantcast Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

Notebook Deity

Default Legal Download: Windows 7 with SP1, 13 languages

INTRODUCTION

As of August 2014, these are the latest Windows 7 ISO's released by Microsoft.

These are the second versions of Windows 7 SP1 ISO's (Media Refresh or SP1 U) that were published by Microsoft (including SHA1 values) in May 2011

Useful for anyone who:

- Bought a Windows 7 DVD and lost/damaged the disc.
    - Bought a computer with a Valid Windows 7 COA sticker, look here. These keys doesn't always work with both 32- and 64-bit Windows 7.
    - Wants a copy of Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 integrated.
    - Wants to perform a clean install to get rid of all software that came preinstalled with the computer. Don't forget to get the needed drivers.
    - Wants to perform a clean install with a different language.
    - Wants to make a ISO with both 32- and 64-bit versions in one ISO.

You need a key to activate.

Use this tool to copy the ISO file to a USB drive or DVD.
    (If you have modified the ISO and this doesn't work, use some other solution, see below. Deleting ei.cfg doesn't affect this tool.)

The English Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 uses about 7.3 GB, excluding pagefile, hibernation file, hardlinks, separately installed drivers and software.

DOWNLOAD _________________________________________________________________

Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 x64 download

Home Premium x64: English - Spanish - French

Professional x64: English - Spanish - French - German - Italian - Korean - Swedish - Portuguese - Norwegian - Finnish - Dutch - Danish - Chinese

Ultimate x64: English - Spanish - French

Professional N x64:
    Code:
          Caution!!!      Only use these together with a valid N key, regular keys won't work! >>> English - Spanish - French - German - Italian - Swedish - Portuguese - Norwegian - Finnish - Dutch - Danish

Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 x86 download

Home Premium x86: English - Spanish - French

Professional x86: English - Spanish - French - German - Italian - Korean - Swedish - Portuguese - Norwegian - Finnish - Dutch - Danish - Chinese

Ultimate x86: English - Spanish - French

Professional N x86:
    Code:
          Caution!!!      Only use these together with a valid N key, regular keys won't work! >>> English - Spanish - French - German - Italian - Swedish - Portuguese - Norwegian - Finnish - Dutch - Danish
    MODIFY ____________________________________________________________________

Do you need a different version with one of the 13 languages?
    For example: English Starter, Dutch Home Premium, Portuguese Ultimate . . .

1 - Download a copy of Professional with your language of choice.

2 - Delete /sources/ei.cfg (either with this tool or manually after you have copied it to a USB drive).

3 - Now you're able to install Starter (x86 only), Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate.

You still need a key for the version you choose to install.

How to integrate IE10 into a Windows 7 SP1 ISO.
    You have to work in 64 bit Windows to do this with 64 bit ISO's.
    Make sure you have all Explorer windows closed while running the bat file.

How to combine Windows 7 x86 and x64 into one ISO.
    Use the correct quotation marks, “” doesn't work for me in the Swedish version, but "" does, so don't just copy and paste.

PREPARE ___________________________________________________________________

You have to copy the ISO to either a USB drive that's at least 4 GB large, or a DVD.
    The Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool is the easiest to use, it's the best choice for the majority of users.
    It does have one drawback though, it refuses to work with modified ISOs.

If your modified ISO won't install to a USB drive, there are other options.

- Unetbootin.
    It reads ISO, it's updated frequently. (Earlier versions didn't work well XP ISOs, haven't tried it lately, not a problem for installing Windows 7.)
    Always format the USB drive in NTFS before you start.

- WinsetupfromUSB.
    It lets you copy XP and Windows 7 onto the same USB drive, but it can't read ISO, you need to mount the ISO first.

How to create a Windows 7 installation DVD (bootable) using Imgburn.

How to create an ISO image of your Windows 7 folder using Windows AIK.

INSTALL ____________________________________________________________________

How to perform a clean installation of Windows 7.

How to install Windows 7 directly to a USB drive using NT 6.x fast installer.
    Don't use a regular, slow USB flash drive because it will be incredibly slow, installation took 4 hours on my 16 GB Sandisk..
    A USB HDD is preferrable. I haven't tried USB 3.0, but you may have to add drivers?

Do you get this error when installing from USB?
    "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing"
    When Windows is asking for driver, just click Cancel. You will be brought back to the welcome screen. At the welcome screen, remove your USB drive, insert it back to DIFFERENT USB PORT. Click Install Now again. The installation process will be like usual.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Older downloads in the source link.
    Last edited by Mats; 1st September 2014 at 07:21 PM.

Notebook Prophet

Default Re: Digitalriver download: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

Thanks. How did you get these links? Just curious.

Edit: Googling helps.

Notebook Deity

I found them by accident. I went to mydigitallife just to see if they had any info about Windows 8, and found this.
    Checked the old download thread here but didn't see KLF's post until after I posted this, but I think many others would have missed it as well anyway.

Besides having SP1 included, there are many more languages to choose from this time.

Notebook Evangelist

I don't understand this. Are these full copies of Windows 7? I just bought Windows 7 Professional 64bit from my college (it didn't include SP1 so I had to go through a lot of updates). If I ever wanted to reinstall Windows 7 Pro 64bit, can I just use one of these instead to skip the updating process? (and use the key included with my purchase).
    Sager NP9150 (P150EM Prema Mod) | Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center | 95% Matte | i7-3840QM | 16GB DDR3L CL9 1600MHz | GTX 680M (svl7 VBIOS) | 500GB 840 EVO | BD Reader | Intel AC 7260 |
    DeathAdder 2013 | Orochi 2013 | BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2014 | Xbox 360 Controller | Sennheiser PC 350 | Sennheiser CX 275s | FiiO E17 | Dell UltraSharp U2312HM |
    Nokia Lumia 1020 | Camera Grip |

Notebook Prophet

^ Yes, these are full copies of Windows 7 with SP1. You can use your key for activation.

NBR Spectre

Thank you, it's always nice and faster with a USB key.

Alienware M11x R2 | Alienware M17x R2 | custom desktop Alienware area-51 ALX |
    Alienware M17x nVIDIA Green

Join the Official NBR ALIENWARE Group

Mr.Mischief

Downloading the 64 & 32 bit versions of Ultimate. I'm going to make them into all version in one disks: How to install any version of Windows 7 | Windows 7 Center
    2012 MacBook Air 11
    iPhone 5c

Notebook Evangelist

Thanks. Time to upgrade the one on my USB. :3

Notebook Deity

Here's how to integrate IE9: How integrate IE9 in Windows 7 sp1 installation DVD

It takes some time for it to finish, but the work you have to do is not much, maybe 5 - 10 minutes or so.
    Just remember that you have to work on a 64-bit W7 machine to do this for the 64-bit install, and that you still have to make an ISO afterwards (if you need that).

I'm not sure how the original Microsoft USB installer reacts to AIO 32- & 64-bit ISO's, so here's an alternative.
    It also allows having XP on the same USB memory.
    Create Multiboot USB Drive: Install Windows 7, XP From Same USB Drive

It works well with Windows 2000 and anything newer that that, also Linux etc..

One of my favorite tools!

Unlike Unetbootin it doesn't read ISO's tho.

Notebook Nobel Laureate

RT 7 Lite works well to customize the latest Win 7 and to integrate any updates or drivers. Afterward, I used the MS tool for USB installation.
    Current laptop: Lenovo W520, previous laptops: MBP 15, Acer 6920G, Dell Inspiron 8200.

M4600 vs. W520 vs. 8560w

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast