Quantcast Bluetooth mouse disconnects randomly

Closed Thread
    Notebook Deity

Default Bluetooth mouse disconnects randomly

i wonder if some one can help me with my problem ,
    a week ago my blueooth mouse (sony vaio mouse ) started disconnecting randomly and just won't connect again untill i press the reconnect button on the mouse , i did remove the mouse drivers and reinstalled them and i did replace the batteries , did some1 face this problem b4??
    MAC | Apple MacBook Pro | Core i7 2.2 ghz | Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | 8GB Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6750M | 250Gb Intel SSD | OS X Lion
    PC | HP Pavilion DV5 | P8400 2.26 | 3MB | 15" LED WVGA | GeForce 9600M GT | 4GB Ram| 250GB 5400 rpm HDD | Windows 7 Proffesional x32

Linux geek con rat flail!

Default Re: Bluetooth mouse disconnects randomly

I can't imagine why you'd need drivers for a bluetooth mouse... are you talking about the bluetooth stack that you reinstalled?

I would go into Windows, remove the pairing of the mouse, and re-pair it. Might also check if you can adjust any settings on your bluetooth radio in the device manager... might disable turning the device off to save power or something.
    HP Envy 15 | Win7x64 | i5-540M | Radeon 5830 1GB | 6GB DDR3-1066 | 256GB Crucial M225 SSD | Matte 15.6" 1920x1080
    Get your answers here!
    Answers: $5
    Good Answers: $10
    Correct Answers: $20
    Well-researched Answers complete with reference: time and materials
    Dumb looks are still free

Kickin' back :3

Is the mouse ever more than a few feet away from the laptop? Do you have other electronic devices neat the computer?

Notebook Deity

the mouse is near the laptop and works perfectly on Linux and on the mac
    MAC | Apple MacBook Pro | Core i7 2.2 ghz | Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | 8GB Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6750M | 250Gb Intel SSD | OS X Lion
    PC | HP Pavilion DV5 | P8400 2.26 | 3MB | 15" LED WVGA | GeForce 9600M GT | 4GB Ram| 250GB 5400 rpm HDD | Windows 7 Proffesional x32

Titles Shmm-itles

Mine falls asleep when it disconnects. Make sure Windows isn't powering down the bluetooth adapter...
    Dell Inspiron 1420 HP tz2500 Tablet PC Lenovo X200T Dell XT2 x 2
    Too close for missiles/ Switching to guns
    Jack Daniels/ Jim Beam/ Johnnie Walker/ Jose Cuervo

Notebook Deity

it disconnects while i am using it guys , not when it sleeps like after 5 min of no usage , it just disconnects while i am doing something ( in the middle of something using mouse ) , i am about to do a fresh install from this problem , i hate using the built in mouse in the laptops

Notebook Consultant

I have the same problem with my HP's built in bluetooth and MS Bluetooth Mouse 5000.

The mouse randomly disconnects and after 10-30 seconds it will reconnect on its own or not until you power cycle it. Tried everything, installed latest bluetooth drivers, etc. Another issue I had was the mouse wouldn't respond when a fast download was happening. Finally gave up on it and switched to a logitech anywhere mx, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    i wonder if some one can help me with my problem ,
    a week ago my blueooth mouse (sony vaio mouse ) started disconnecting randomly and just won't connect again untill i press the reconnect button on the mouse , i did remove the mouse drivers and reinstalled them and i did replace the batteries , did some1 face this problem b4??
    This is the answer:
    It turns out that there a little box that I unchecked that fixed it. The laptop kept disconnecting the mouse to 'save power'. If you go to Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices ->Hardware tab -> double click Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module -> Power Management tab -> then uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.

However, can anyone tell me how to do this in Windows 7?

\( ಠ_ಠ)/

right click "computer" -> "properties" -> "Device manager" -> "Bluetooth" -> "Dell wireless ..." --> "Power management" tab
    Dell M6500 | i7-820QM | 8GB RAM | Quadro FX 2800M | 2x500GB Momentus XT RAID0 | RGBLED 1200P | Intel 6300
    Sony Z2 | i7-2620M | 8GB RAM | BluRay Burner | 256GB SSD | 1080P

"A man of genius has been seldom ruined but by himself"
    Don't wait. The time will never be just right. ~ Napoleon Hill

يا بهاء الأبهى

Linux geek con rat flail!

Quote Originally Posted by GoGirl View Post
    This is the answer:
    It turns out that there a little box that I unchecked that fixed it. The laptop kept disconnecting the mouse to 'save power'. If you go to Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices ->Hardware tab -> double click Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module -> Power Management tab -> then uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.

However, can anyone tell me how to do this in Windows 7?
    Similar way that should work for any version of Windows: Open the control panel, then the device manager, then the properties of the Bluetooth adapter. The setting will be in there.
    HP Envy 15 | Win7x64 | i5-540M | Radeon 5830 1GB | 6GB DDR3-1066 | 256GB Crucial M225 SSD | Matte 15.6" 1920x1080
    Get your answers here!
    Answers: $5
    Good Answers: $10
    Correct Answers: $20
    Well-researched Answers complete with reference: time and materials
    Dumb looks are still free