Quantcast External speakers not working with 7

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default External speakers not working with 7

Alright so my sisters boyfriend just did a clean install of 7 on his HP notebook. Now however whenever he connects his speakers or sound system to his laptop it not longer works. The speak itself on the laptop works, I'm assuming the problem are the audio drivers. I believe when you do install 7, it downloads drivers automatically right?. I haven't seen his laptop yet, so I'm not sure of his specs and what not. How would he get his external speakers to work when connected to is laptop. Will downloading the Realtek HD audio software fix this problem?

Martian Notebook Overlord

Default Re: External speakers not working with 7

Quote Originally Posted by Emerican_Idiot View Post
    Alright so my sisters boyfriend just did a clean install of 7 on his HP notebook. Now however whenever he connects his speakers or sound system to his laptop it not longer works. The speak itself on the laptop works, I'm assuming the problem are the audio drivers. I believe when you do install 7, it downloads drivers automatically right?. I haven't seen his laptop yet, so I'm not sure of his specs and what not. How would he get his external speakers to work when connected to is laptop. Will downloading the Realtek HD audio software fix this problem?
    Check the following link at Start64 - it's the latest release of the Windows 7 A/V Codecs:

Windows 7 Codecs

This assumes that he's already redirected his audio from his PC speakers to the externals, RIGHT??
    Primarily of the Ancient School of A/D PFM -Training by U.S. Submarine Navy, HP & NASA

HP Pavilion HDX 9300 Dragon Core 2 Extreme X9000 2.8ghz, 8gb DDR2 RAM
    512MB 8800M GTS | 20.1" 1080p | 2x320gb SATA | BD-ROM | VU 64 | Adobe CS6 Master Collection

Linksys Dual-Band N Network | WikiAnswers.com Supervisor

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by CyberVisions View Post
    Check the following link at Start64 - it's the latest release of the Windows 7 A/V Codecs:

Windows 7 Codecs

This assumes that he's already redirected his audio from his PC speakers to the externals, RIGHT??
    No idea, I'm assuming he just plugged his speakers into his laptop.

Notebook Evangelist

just go to the sound properties and enable your sound for external speakers

assuming [also] that the internal speakers are working

I've had the problem with speakers not being recognized by Windows 7 that many other people have complained about and the solution that worked for me was to go into System: Device Manager: Sound, Video and Game Controllers: from there right click on your High Definition Audio (or whatever your audio is) and select update. Worked immediately for me.