Quantcast Windows Movie Maker help needed (joining videos)!

Closed Thread
    Banned
    Shooting the sheriff Team: Manchester United FC Player(s): Rooney, Berbatov Rank: VIP

Default Windows Movie Maker help needed (joining videos)!

Hey all!

I have a lot of short clips, which I want to join using Windows Movie Maker that comes with Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64. The clips are in MPEG format, and some of them are in AVI format. How can I do that? I don't want any fade/visual effects to be in there.

Thanks.

Notebook Deity

Default Re: Windows Movie Maker help needed (joining videos)!

Just download a free copy of avi-joiner. try google

JSUTAONHTERBIRCKINTEHWLAL

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Awaketh View Post
    Hey all!

I have a lot of short clips, which I want to join using Windows Movie Maker that comes with Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64. The clips are in MPEG format, and some of them are in AVI format. How can I do that? I don't want any fade/visual effects to be in there.

Thanks.
    Ok Silas.. I know you would have searched around for sure and seen the same links on how to join video clips. So I don't want to post the search results here.....

But what I want to know is, if you are asking this specifically for joining MPEG with AVI clips? or generally joining clips in windows movie maker (for which there are lots of links / tips returning from google!)?
    Dell XPS M1530 | C2D T9500 2.60GHz | 15.4 Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) | 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM | 320GB SATA | 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT | Windows 7 Ultimate

NBR Assistive Tec. Tec.

1. import all of the Avi and mpeg vidoes into the progect area in windows movie maker (WMM)
    2. click and drag onto the time line in order
    3. publish.
    "We are the 99% - We are to big to fail" for the other side of the coin info wars.com

Banned
    Shooting the sheriff Team: Manchester United FC Player(s): Rooney, Berbatov Rank: VIP

Quote Originally Posted by LPTP-LVR View Post
    Just download a free copy of avi-joiner. try google
    Yeah, I know there exist some tools that'd do it, but I'd like to it with WMM! Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by fonduekid View Post
    But what I want to know is, if you are asking this specifically for joining MPEG with AVI clips? or generally joining clips in windows movie maker (for which there are lots of links / tips returning from google!)?
    Yes, I did search for it, but now I know I was searching wrong (see below). I don't want to join AVIs with MPEGs or vice-versa, but AVIs with AVIs and MPEGs with MPEGs. Basically I got a a lot of clips of my favorite errrr....star, and it's a pain in the bum to double click on each one of those individually. So, I'll be making one huge video of her, and then just seek forward or back!

Quote Originally Posted by yuio View Post
    1. import all of the Avi and mpeg vidoes into the progect area in windows movie maker (WMM)
    2. click and drag onto the time line in order
    3. publish.
    Thank you! I thought Publish was for uploading it to a MS server or something, and the article on MS' website said press AutoMovie, and AutoMovie had this fade/special effects thing! Thank you!

Yes, I did search for it, but now I know I was searching wrong (see below). I don't want to join AVIs with MPEGs or vice-versa, but AVIs with AVIs and MPEGs with MPEGs. Basically I got a a lot of clips of my favorite errrr....star, and it's a pain in the bum to double click on each one of those individually. So, I'll be making one huge video of her, and then just seek forward or back!
    Ok Silas, have you found the solution?

If not, apart from Windows Movie Maker, I would suggest you try VirtualDub... there is a free version available and I use this for my research work too.. it can make movie files n join them too... and As far as I know, there is not fade effect or anything with this.

Try here > http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/14/59/

And another I just came across >

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Tutorials/Index.aspx (this one is huge)
    Dell XPS M1530 | C2D T9500 2.60GHz | 15.4 Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) | 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM | 320GB SATA | 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT | Windows 7 Ultimate

Banned

I have VDub x64, but it wouldn't allow me to add more than 1 video! But I've done it with WMM now, it worked.

I've made 4 videos now, each 4 hour long! Now that's quality!

Banned

Hey all!

Thanks.
    1.Set the Bottom panel to Storyboard.

2.drag & drop the 1st video.
    drag & drop the 2nd video after 10 seconds to prevent crash in 2nd box.

3.leave the effect & transition box empty. Pray to god almighty that WMM doesnt crash..it crashes too much.

4. Save the project & then Publish the Project (CTRL + P)

WMM is easy to use, not an overkill, great for joining videos.
    but it crashes a lot when i try to join big big videos.

One more tip: Set the Process to High priority to prevent crashing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fonduekid View Post
    Ok Silas, have you found the solution?

If not, apart from Windows Movie Maker, I would suggest you try VirtualDub... there is a free version available and I use this for my research work too.. it can make movie files n join them too... and As far as I know, there is not fade effect or anything with this.

Try here > http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/14/59/

And another I just came across >

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Tutorials/Index.aspx (this one is huge)
    Virtual Dub is great ..more professional for hard to use ...also, it doesnt let me handle more than One Video per time..

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 View Post
    Virtual Dub is great ..more professional for hard to use ...also, it doesnt let me handle more than One Video per time..
    Ah really? Even following the method in that link mentioned before??? but I will look it up today or tomorrow... Let me see.

I have VDub x64, but it wouldn't allow me to add more than 1 video! But I've done it with WMM now, it worked.

I've made 4 videos now, each 4 hour long! Now that's quality!
    Thats a HUGE movie Anyway, glad that it worked..

Silas / Nocturnal >> When you say it cannot handle more than one video per time, are you referring to Vdub not being able to open two videos, in two diff windows, at the same time??? Or something else? *I am just trying to understand*