Quantcast How to disable UAC for select programs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    15

    Default How to disable UAC for select programs

    I know how much people love to hate the UAC in Vista. I thought this might be helpful.

    http://www.vista4beginners.com/Disab...n-applications
    XPS m1530
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7250
    3GB
    256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8600M GT
    Windows Vista Home Premium

  2. #2
    Yoga Pants Connoisseur.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    good 'ol 'Muricah!
    Posts
    1,959
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    check out this thread for all yur vista tweaks and customizations.
    Beast!!!: Sager NP8850 - 17.3" LED 1080p Screen - Intel i7-840QM - GeForce GTX 480M - 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM - 6x Blu Ray Drive - 500GB 7200 HDD - Intel Ultimate-N 6300 - A/B/G/N - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit - IC Diamond Thermal Compound
    NZXT Cryo LX (brushed aluminum & black)

  3. #3
    NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,044
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    Quote Originally Posted by houstoned View Post
    check out this thread for all yur vista tweaks and customizations.
    What does that have to do with disabling UAC for a single process? I am a contributor to the thread you mentioned, but don't see the relevance to this thread.

    Gary

  4. #4
    NBR Assassin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyscant1980 View Post
    I know how much people love to hate the UAC in Vista. I thought this might be helpful.

    http://www.vista4beginners.com/Disab...n-applications
    Wow, that's a lot of work to disable UAC for just one program. Fortunately, I almost never get a UAC prompt unless I'm installing something or changing some settings in the control panel.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaConchiglia View Post
    What does that have to do with disabling UAC for a single process? I am a contributor to the thread you mentioned, but don't see the relevance to this thread.

    Gary
    I believe houstoned intention was either

    1. Indicate that this particular fix/tweak was already in that thread (which it is NOT)
    -or-
    2. Indicate that this should be posted in that thread (which I don't think it should be for multiple reasons)


    *NEW*Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook: i5|FHD|256GB SSD|Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Desktop: Antec 300|GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked|i7 920|6 GB DDR3|WD 750 GB + 640 GB|Corsair 650W|Windows 7 64-bit

    Steam Games Deals Thread | Updating Mobile Graphics Cards Drivers | Forum Rules | Gaming Forum Information Booth

  5. #5
    NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,044
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    Quote Originally Posted by |crash| View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of work to disable UAC for just one program. Fortunately, I almost never get a UAC prompt unless I'm installing something or changing some settings in the control panel.
    Yep, it is a bit of a pain in the rear. But I did do it for one program many months ago. But don't remember which one. It might have been SpeedFan, which I run as part of my startup group so I have temps in the notification area (aka system tray). It always prompted for permissions, so I used the mentioned "trick".

    Gary

  6. #6
    NBR Assassin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaConchiglia View Post
    Yep, it is a bit of a pain in the rear. But I did do it for one program many months ago. But don't remember which one. It might have been SpeedFan, which I run as part of my startup group so I have temps in the notification area (aka system tray). It always prompted for permissions, so I used the mentioned "trick".

    Gary
    Can't you use task scheduler to allow the program to start up with elevated permissions without prompting?
    Last edited by crash; 21st August 2008 at 09:03 PM.


    *NEW*Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook: i5|FHD|256GB SSD|Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Desktop: Antec 300|GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked|i7 920|6 GB DDR3|WD 750 GB + 640 GB|Corsair 650W|Windows 7 64-bit

    Steam Games Deals Thread | Updating Mobile Graphics Cards Drivers | Forum Rules | Gaming Forum Information Booth

  7. #7
    beep beep
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,234
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    Yes... the task scheduler method is described here: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=436&page=4

  8. #8
    NBR Assassin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    Quote Originally Posted by swarmer View Post
    Yes... the task scheduler method is described here: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=436&page=4
    Regarding that method... Can you use task scheduler to make the task automatically run on startup, or do you have to manually run it (even if from a simple shortcut) each time?
    Last edited by crash; 21st August 2008 at 09:04 PM.


    *NEW*Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook: i5|FHD|256GB SSD|Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Desktop: Antec 300|GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked|i7 920|6 GB DDR3|WD 750 GB + 640 GB|Corsair 650W|Windows 7 64-bit

    Steam Games Deals Thread | Updating Mobile Graphics Cards Drivers | Forum Rules | Gaming Forum Information Booth

  9. #9
    beep beep
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,234
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    There's an option you can select in Task Scheduler if you want it to run automatically at startup (or at login).

  10. #10
    NBR Assassin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: How to disable UAC for select programs

    Quote Originally Posted by swarmer View Post
    There's an option you can select in Task Scheduler if you want it to run automatically at startup (or at login).
    Ok that's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up (I'm on XP at work right now with no access to Vista, so I couldn't check myself).


    *NEW*Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook: i5|FHD|256GB SSD|Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Desktop: Antec 300|GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked|i7 920|6 GB DDR3|WD 750 GB + 640 GB|Corsair 650W|Windows 7 64-bit

    Steam Games Deals Thread | Updating Mobile Graphics Cards Drivers | Forum Rules | Gaming Forum Information Booth

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1