Quantcast My laptop can't boot...One Long Beep and Two Short One

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Guru

Default My laptop can't boot...One Long Beep and Two Short One

Hi All,

It all started when I restart my PC then it won't boot up, it just have one long beep and two short one, I remember that it's a video card problem, but how can I fix it?

Is my video card already toast?

Also, there's a light on its power indicator and the fan is on...I'm most afraid that my HD is also toasted...

Any help is appreciated...Thank you guys...
    Last edited by zer0pulse; 6th May 2008 at 02:36 PM.
    Hp Pavilion dv2000t// Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 (1.83Ghz)// Win XP Media Centre Edition...

Banned

Default Re: My laptop can't boot...One Long Beep and Two Short One

From a quick web search looks like a common problem with that model and yes looks like video card issue. Can you start in safe mode? If so uninstall driver and reinstall? Sad to say if card is shot looks like complete MoBo replacement needed on your model, not cheap, also looks like this happens a lot just after warranty expires, kudos to HP well designed, I mean from the standpoint of their liability.

Notebook Guru

it sucks....I mean, it just happen....do my HD also toast?

I can't boot up, the screen is just black, I searched some info regarding the beep code and it's confirmed that it's a video card problem, why did it toast, I thought it have a warning or something that the temp was hig or near the threashold limit...I got Nvdia card 7200..

I really hope my HD is not yet dead...I can't do anything, I can't boot in safe mode, I'm helpless with it
    Hp Pavilion dv2000t// Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 (1.83Ghz)// Win XP Media Centre Edition...

Notebook Guru

Well, I guess I will return this one to the retailer, I got an extended warranty, that's the reason why I'm holding back in opening my PC...

This problem is unrepairable or beyond economic repair right? so I'm hoping they will replace my pc I hope they will....

JellyRoll touring now

your data on the hdd should be alright,,, but it may be gone after returning under warrantry..... i'd take it in to the retailer and ask about removing the HDD so you can back it up,, or see what they would charge to do it for you...

then you can decide if it's worth the cost... but i'd not open it,, give them no reason to void your warranty

later,
    bigozone
    nbrsearch

ACER Aspire 5315-2153
    T5750 Core2Duo
    2GB PC5300 RAM
    NEC 6550A D/L DVD Burner
    XP PRO SP3
    catch me at the redlight, aim for my head!.

Notebook Geek

Some retailers like BestBuy are not responsible for your data. When you bring a computer in, don't be surprised if your data's gone because they formatted or whatever.

Make it clear that you need your data intact at no extra fees even if they got that somewhere written in a fine print that nobody can read without a microscope.
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 14.1" | Core 2 Duo 2ghz | 3gb ram | nVidia nvs 140m | 120GB HD | Windows 7 Professional

Moderately Boss

zer0pulse: happened to me before. same laptop and GPU

1 long beep - 2 short ones.

You will still be able to turn on your notebook randomly. If you do, make sure you dont ever shut it down. This would be a good time to access your stuff and create backups

If you restrart the notebook will go back to black beep screen

the only fix is a mobo replacement. mobo/gpu is screwed up.
    . #flickr
    [Desktop] Silverstone LC20B | Q8200 2.8ghz | GTX680OCE | 8GB RAM | 128GB M4 SSD | 12TB HDD | Intel 6300N | Dell U3014
    [Notebook] HP DV2500 Verve SE | T7500 | 8400GS | 4GB DDR2 RAM | WD 250GB HDD | Intel 4965AGN |
    [Worktop] NZXT Apollo | i7-3770 | GTX 460SE | 12GB DDR3 | 120GB Intel 330 SSD | M-Audio Delta 66 | Dell U2913

Notebook Guru

flipfire: That's what I'm hoping, that somehow it will boot-up...

My extended warranty (Harvey Norman - Singapore) states that if the problem is unrepairable or replacing the damage part/component will cost more than the unit itself, then they will replace it with new one...I really hope they will, 'coz I know, mobo/gpu replacement on laptop is impossible... and I think there's no need for reformatting my HD...it's a mobo/gpu prob, or I may be wrong...

Thank you guys for the reply, I freak out last night and until now I'm in a state of denial

revvo and bigozone thanks for the advice...I'll do that...

*This just happen a week after I joined NBR hp Team

Moderately Boss

This happened to me 5 months after i bought the dv2000. I was so frustrated just like you, that i bought the special edition while it was in repairs.
    . #flickr
    [Desktop] Silverstone LC20B | Q8200 2.8ghz | GTX680OCE | 8GB RAM | 128GB M4 SSD | 12TB HDD | Intel 6300N | Dell U3014
    [Notebook] HP DV2500 Verve SE | T7500 | 8400GS | 4GB DDR2 RAM | WD 250GB HDD | Intel 4965AGN |
    [Worktop] NZXT Apollo | i7-3770 | GTX 460SE | 12GB DDR3 | 120GB Intel 330 SSD | M-Audio Delta 66 | Dell U2913

Monkeymod

If I'm not mistaken the memory is not being detected, have you fouled around with the RAM lately?

"Nothing is free but ignorance"

IFL90 15.4" WSXGA+, T7700 4GB RAM, HD 160GB, BT, WiFi, Vista Business, FP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast