Quantcast nLite and Generic SATA Drivers

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default nLite and Generic SATA Drivers

Where can I find generic drivers for SATA so that I can integrate them into Windows XP using nlite?

I dont want to use specific SATA drivers so that I can use the disk on multiple computers.

Drinking the good stuff

Default Re: nLite and Generic SATA Drivers

Don't worry about the 'type' of driver that is integrated into your disc and using i on another computer. It only allows you to recognize that specific device but it'll work on other systems as long as you don't remove anything else that is essential (ex: AMD or Intel code).

-Mike.
    Rig:
    Intel Xeon W3520 @ 4.2GHz (1.20V) | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P | OCZ Platinum 6GB PC3-12800 (7-7-7-24) | XFX HD 5870 | 2x Intel 80GB G2 SSD RAID 0 | X-Fi Titanium Fatality | Corsair HX850 | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 (Black)

Cooling:
    HEATKILLER LT CPU Waterblock | Laing DDC-3.2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top | XSPC RX 480 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoons

Westinghouse L2410NM / LG L246WP-BN | HP 2335 → Nintendo Wii

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by ScifiMike12 View Post
    Don't worry about the 'type' of driver that is integrated into your disc and using i on another computer. It only allows you to recognize that specific device but it'll work on other systems as long as you don't remove anything else that is essential (ex: AMD or Intel code).

-Mike.
    So you're saying that if I integrate Intel SATA drivers onto the WinXP CD, I can also use it on a nvidia or via motherboard with SATA and Windows setup will recognize it?

Drinking the good stuff

Yup.

As long as you don't remove those drivers using nLite (cause you can, it'll just make your .ISO size smaller) you'll be alright.
    Rig:
    Intel Xeon W3520 @ 4.2GHz (1.20V) | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P | OCZ Platinum 6GB PC3-12800 (7-7-7-24) | XFX HD 5870 | 2x Intel 80GB G2 SSD RAID 0 | X-Fi Titanium Fatality | Corsair HX850 | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 (Black)

Cooling:
    HEATKILLER LT CPU Waterblock | Laing DDC-3.2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top | XSPC RX 480 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoons

Westinghouse L2410NM / LG L246WP-BN | HP 2335 → Nintendo Wii

Notebook Deity

no, you would need to integrate individual drivers for nvidia/via chipsets as well if they are needed for setup to continue. You still need drivers specific to the controller that is used but it's not like having the other drivers available as well will prohibit installing onto boards that do not use those controllers. Unless I am misunderstanding your question.

Notebook Consultant

To make sure everyone is one the same page, here is a scenario:

Problem: Windows XP does not recognize SATA drives natively.
    Setup:
    PC 1) Intel Chipset MB with SATA
    PC 2) Via Chipset MB with SATA
    Desire: To install WinXP with only 1 CD.
    Question:
    Can a Windows CD integrated with Intel's SATA driver be used on a Via motherboard? Will windows setup recognize the SATA drive?

JellyRoll touring now

make one cd for each scenario.... (first time i've used that word this year)

that's my simple answer... i'm not sure if XP's install can detect and install the correct driver according to chipset of the MB, i guess the best way to find out is to try... try slipstreaming both drivers onto the CD you are making whats the worst that could happen?? you have a bad CD and have to burn one for each scenario... (used it twice now)

Post back and let us know what your results are..

later,
    bigozone
    nbrsearch

ACER Aspire 5315-2153
    T5750 Core2Duo
    2GB PC5300 RAM
    NEC 6550A D/L DVD Burner
    XP PRO SP3
    catch me at the redlight, aim for my head!.

Notebook Consultant

one qn : are we able to edit our image once it has been done? as in edit the .iso image itself

Wise One

I'm not sure what you mean by edit, but you can use UltraISO(or any other ...ISO program like Magic, etc) to open the ISO image and add or delete files, etc. Then just save it again, and you have a revised image.