Quantcast How do I extract files from a .exe file?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Shooting the sheriff Team: Manchester United FC Player(s): Rooney, Berbatov Rank: VIP

Default How do I extract files from a .exe file?

Hi!

I need to get the SATA drivers from the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, and I only have the .exe file. How do I take the files out from this .exe file, or any other for that matter? I hav tried looking in the TEMP folder (I cleared the folder, and then double clicked the .exe, there came some files, but not the ones I needed), and have tried using WinRAR as well, but it didn't open this .exe file. What software should I use to open this file, and is there any other way get these files?

Thank you.

Notebook Prophet

Default Re: How do I extract files from a .exe file?

Banned
    Shooting the sheriff Team: Manchester United FC Player(s): Rooney, Berbatov Rank: VIP

Thank you John!

Banned

Man, it extracts the same files which I saw in the TEMP folder. Maybe this file (.exe) is the wrong one?

I need the files for slipstreaming SATA drivers into my XP DVD. I downloaded the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, the latest one, and I thought this executable had the files. These are the files which I need for nLite -

Where do I find these files?

Linux geek con rat flail!

Every try 7-Zip? Most installers just use the simple zip compression, and you can pull the files out of that.
    HP Envy 15 | Win7x64 | i5-540M | Radeon 5830 1GB | 6GB DDR3-1066 | 256GB Crucial M225 SSD | Matte 15.6" 1920x1080
    Get your answers here!
    Answers: $5
    Good Answers: $10
    Correct Answers: $20
    Well-researched Answers complete with reference: time and materials
    Dumb looks are still free

Banned

No, I can now extract the files out of it, but there are no such files (which I need, which are in the screenshot) in the Intel Matrix Storage Manager's .exe file. Which executable (or Zip/Rar for that matter) file will have these files? I need to slipstream SATA drivers i nto my XP DVD and I need these files.

Banned

So, anyone?

Notebook Virtuoso

You need the "32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility for IntelŽ Matrix Storage Manager", not the "RAID/AHCI Software - IntelŽ Matrix Storage Manager". The floppy is stored in winimage format, As far as I know, so you'll need winimage to extract it.
    Activation Backup and Restore (ABR) | Clean Vista Install | Screen DPI | RAM Testing w/ Memtest86+ | Where's my disk space? | Accessing HP Recovery Disc Files

Lenovo W510: i7-720QM, 8GB RAM, 1920x1080 (FHD), Quadro FX880 1GB, 500GB 7200rpm Disk, WiFi UltimateN 6300 AGN, Fingerprint, Webcam, USB3.0, Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Notebook Evangelist

Notebook Evangelist

Download to desktop

Open DOS window

type iata78_enu.exe -a in a DOS windows (after navigating to your desktop, of course); 'CD Desktop'

Click Yes to the installer. Don't worry, it won't run all the way.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Driver for x86 drivers

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Driver64 for x64 drivers

Regards,
    Paolo
    Compaq Portable I (80's) > Sony VAIO PCG-505 (90's) > HP zd7000 > D600 > D610 > C2D MacBook > D620 > D630 :

IntelŽ Core 2 Duo T7300 (2.00GHz) 4MB L2 Cache 800MHz Dual Core, 14.1 inch Wide Screen WXGA+ LCD Panel, 4GB DDR2-667 SDRAM 2 DIMMS, 128MB NVIDIAŽ Quadro NVS 135M, 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive, Vista Ultimate x64.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast