Quantcast can't seem to delete some folders in my external hard drive

Closed Thread
    Notebook Deity

Default can't seem to delete some folders in my external hard drive

Ok I can't seem to delete this folder that has random files in there in my external hard drive. I don't seem to have the permission. I know you can change the permission, but this file is crazy! It has folders in folders in folders and I don't want to change the permission for everything. So is there a way that I can force it to delete it?

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: can't seem to delete some folders in my external hard drive

I ran into the same thing with one of mine - the top level folder had a long mostly-digits name. I connected it to my Vista desktop, opened a cmd window with Admin permissions, cd'd to the drive and deleted it with no problems. I couldn't ever get it to delete on my XP desktop or XP D600. I think the folder came from installing XP SP2 onto the D600, when I rebuilt it, and I had SP2 on the external. Saw a post a while back about the installation process for SP2 creating an undeletable folder. Just my two cents...
    Acer Aspire 1410 - Acer Aspire 3810 - Acer AO 532H - Asus N81Vp - Dell XPS 1530 - Dell XPS 1640 - Dell Studio 1555 - H-P tm2t - Gateway P-6860FX - Sony Vaio CW (Red) Slowly, sadly, getting out of the laptop business iPhone and HTC Desire are much easier to carry around.

Default Re: can't seem to delete some folders in my external hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by azntiger1000 View Post
    Ok I can't seem to delete this folder that has random files in there in my external hard drive. I don't seem to have the permission. I know you can change the permission, but this file is crazy! It has folders in folders in folders and I don't want to change the permission for everything. So is there a way that I can force it to delete it?
    you can used the freeware program called unlocker. i used this most of the times for a folder that is notoriously hard to delete.

download here: http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
    Alienware M17xR3
    Core i7 2720qm | ATI Mobility Radeon 6990M | Hyperx 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 1920x1080 WLED | Crucial m4 128GB | 320GB HDD 7200RPM | Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N | Win 7 Ultimate
    Gaming Acessories
    Das Pro Keyboard Silent | Logitech G9x | Steelseries Qck Mass Mouse Pad
    Terran Starcraft 2 Player!
    NBR Marketplace Qohelet's Feedback Thread