Laptop for School and Gaming
Looking for a laptop with the following specs minimum:
- i5 or i7 processor (or AMD equivalent)
- 6GB-8GB RAM
- GeForce or Radeon 1GB-2GB dedicated
- 750GB+ Hard drive
- 5+ hour battery life (normal browsing only).
- 15.4" or 15.6" screen
1) What is your budget?
$950 after taxes
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15.4" or 15.6"
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Doesn't matter
b. Dislike: HP
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Documents for school and gaming.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes. Guild Wars 2 (medium graphics or better), League of Legends, Starcraft 2.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Preferably 5+ hours for normal browsing. Games will be played on charger.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Preferably yes, but if no thats OK.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7 or 8.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
HD. 720p or greater.
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
No not really.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
4 years? Doesn't matter I guess. Long enough.
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
750GB+ (if it has to be less that's OK). SSD doesn't matter.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Just a regular CD-Drive