Quantcast Least pre loaded software, best company to buy from

Closed Thread
    Notebook Geek

Ca Least pre loaded software, best company to buy from

Who has the least amount of pre loaded software, or who has the easiest to remove (heard some company's make it hard to remove) and who supplies disks, especially OS, or recovery disks, or....you get the idea, if they could all supply the same hardware you wanted, who's the best?

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Least pre loaded software, best company to buy from

Probably a barebones system (Asus, Compal...) where you buy the OS separately

APH!

usually all ODMs (Asus, Clevo, Compal, etc) come with minimal pre loaded stuff.

www.istnc.com
    www.powernotebooks.com

are two places to look into.

Notebook Geek

[QUOTE=Amol]usually all ODMs (Asus, Clevo, Compal, etc) come with minimal pre loaded stuff.

What is ODM?? And if I can choose a bare system, who has the best chassis?? The ideal is a bare system for me, but I wasn't sure they existed. The only worry I have is that some of those company's do have some good preloaded software, mainly to manage power, that would be good to have.

I guess if I can get bare systems who has the best frame or chassis? screen?

ZaZ
    Super Model

Even though the your notebook says Dell or HP, it is actually designed and manufactured by an ODM. Amongst major brands Fujitsus and ThinkPads are known to have very little bloatware. On any lower end notebook you are going to have a considerable amount of bloatware because that is one of the ways they offset the cost of making notebooks. Perhaps you should consider the FAQ and post back.

Notebook Consultant

[QUOTE=mgray]
    Quote Originally Posted by Amol
    usually all ODMs (Asus, Clevo, Compal, etc) come with minimal pre loaded stuff.

What is ODM?? And if I can choose a bare system, who has the best chassis?? The ideal is a bare system for me, but I wasn't sure they existed. The only worry I have is that some of those company's do have some good preloaded software, mainly to manage power, that would be good to have.

I guess if I can get bare systems who has the best frame or chassis? screen?
    From my limited time on here, it seems the best options are: ASUS s96j, ASUS z96j (same but higher res screen), Compal HGL30, Compal HEL80.

Check out the reviews on this site of all of those

Notebook Deity

ODM = Original Design Manufacturers, those companies that design and build their own laptops (as opposed to companies who acquire the design from others and then rebrand it with their own brand).

As for your question, don't forget you can always re-install the whole OS, though that's a hassle sometimes.

C.
    ThinkPad X200 P8600, 4Gb DDR3, X4500, 100Gb 7200, 9-cell... DEAD
    Desktop: i7 740, 4Gb DDR3, ATi HD5970, Antec P180, Westinghouse 37" 1080p LCD
    HTPC: X2 5600+, 3Gb DDR2, ATi HD3870, Antec Cube, LG 42PG6000 720p Plasma

Notebook Evangelist

Dell has a free option for their XPS laptops called "do not load any additional software"
    HP Envy 14-1050ca | i5-430M | 6GB RAM | 1GB ATI Radeon 5650 | Radiance Display - 1600x900 | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

Notebook Consultant

Hey, I would check out milestonepc. They have lots of models from ASUS that all would have limited bloatware installed, and also lots of barebone models you can config to meet your needs.

http://www.milestonepc.com