Thread: sager np9130 vs lenovo y580
19th August 2012, 09:13 PM #1
sager np9130 vs lenovo y580
Getting a laptop for college tonight. I will be using it for work, watching movies and the occasional game.
Which of these 2 laptops would you recommend and why?
I would really appreciate some input as I want to try and purchase this laptop ASAP. I have a flight in a few days and also I am just real impatient!
1) What is your budget? I would lie to keep under $1300
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator. Online in the US.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Working at college, watching movies, listening to music and gaming!
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
A mix. Skyrim, Alan Wake, BF3, Rome 2 Total War hopefully!
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
At least 2 hours. Would prefer 3+
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
On-line is ok
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Don't mind as I'll probably do a clean install of windows 7
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? The higher the resolution the better
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Yes in that I don't want it to look like an over the top gaming rig
15) When are you buying this laptop?
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
forever? realistically though 3 years+
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
500gb+ and an ssd for the operating system
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? Not a big factor in my decision though it's nice that the y580 has a blurry drive
21st August 2012, 02:04 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
- Rep Power
Re: sager np9130 vs lenovo y580
Get the Sager NP9150 instead. $1300~ with a nice GTX670m, 750GB/7200RPM HDD, FREE 16GB RAM, i7 3610QM and for an extra $150-200~ you can add a SSD, which is good but not essential for gaming. I find it the best options for this price. If you midn for design take a look at the MSI GE60 which has beautiful design but lower specs. Now between those two, I would go for the Sager NP9130 because well the specs are pretty much the same thing the only difference is between the processors which won't make such a difference for gaming (also you can add for $70~ an i7 3610QM), the HDD which in the Lenovo is higher but I mean, it's 1TB but 5400RPM and the Sager is 750GB but 7200RPM (which is better) and, last but not least, the Sager has the GTX670m, which is 20%~ better then the GTX660 for about the same price... Hope I could help!
By webdtc in forum What Notebook Should I Buy?Replies: 7Last Post: 22nd July 2012, 05:05 AM
By cleanse in forum What Notebook Should I Buy?Replies: 15Last Post: 27th June 2012, 02:04 PM
By Zweiko in forum What Notebook Should I Buy?Replies: 4Last Post: 27th June 2012, 11:38 AM