Quantcast Samsung vs Toshiba

+ Reply to Thread

Default Samsung vs Toshiba

I don't know if anyone on here remembers or even noticed, but when I first (and last) posted on here, I was searching for a laptop with my one option leaning heavily towards a Lenovo Ideapad Y580. Well after reading about the uncertainty of their build quality, I decided not to fork over so much cash on something that could potentially fall apart rather quickly.

So after further research, I've decided on two options, one a 17.3 inch Samsung NP5507C and the other a 17.3 inch Toshiba P870 02L. Both have generally all the specs I desire within my budget, and though I lean towards the Samsung more because of its 1920 x 1080 display (one of the reasons why it was hard to have to cross the Ideapad off my list), the Toshiba is slightly cheaper and appears to be equal in quality judging by the user reviews I've read. I know this Samsung model is considered to be in the range of a gaming laptop, but I don't play video games at all (probably the most intensive thing I'll do on it is watch movies and edit videos), so performance quality for that purpose has no relevance to me. I may finalize my choice in the form of a purchase within the next few days, so I'd like to receive some final input before buying my computer. Which of the two do you guys consider to be the superior PC?

Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Default Re: Samsung vs Toshiba

I bought an Toshiba L855 and i tried updating the video driver on the AMD website, but if i do i loose the ability to adjust the brightness as Toshiba has done something to the display driver so you have to use theirs only, so i returned it and bought a Samsung NP550P7C-S02UK notebook and i can update the video driver without any problems, So i recommend Samsung.

John.
    DON`T BLAME ME IF YOUR NOTEBOOK BLOWS UP WHILE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE, IT`S PURELY VOLUNTARY

HP Envy Rove 20-k000ea 20 inch Mobile AIO desktop PC - Plextor M5 Pro Extreme 512GB SSD SLC Enterprise Grade

Default Re: Samsung vs Toshiba

No one else has any advice to offer?