Quantcast Lenovo P580 3087

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Us Lenovo P580 3087

I'm not sure where else to put this question, but we recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad P580 model# 3087 from Best Buy. Why? Because we thought it was a good buy, even though I never heard of Lenovo. Anyway, I come to learn that Lenovo is a very good brand and they sell a ton of laptops. But the problem is, while attempting to search for my newly purchased laptop on the internet, I cannot find this make/model anywhere! Not on the Lenovo Website, not on the Best Buy website, not ANYWHERE on the web. As far as the world is concerned, this laptop does not, has not and will not exist.

Huh? Does anyway have any thoughts as to why? Or where I can find more info on this laptop.

I have 30 days to return it if I don't like it . . . but so far I can't find anything truly wrong with it.

Default Re: Lenovo P580 3087

I am looking at augmenting my V570 with one of these and found the same issue. Lenovo has stated they are updating their website early next week, and I presume the P-series (and new N series) will be on there.

They make a good laptop, so I dont think you will have issues. They make Thinkpads, which we use at work and they are very reliable machines. The Ideapad is a cheaper PC, with more plastic and cheaper alloys, but I have bought several for family and myself over the years and no issues.

Expect the battery to go bad after a year, or so, which is normal. And, todays hard drives are pretty fragile, so plan a replacement with an SSD, which is what I have done with my new V570...and will do the same with the P580. Might pick one up tonight.

Dennis

Notebook Prophet

Is it Y580? I haven't heard about a Lenovo P580.

I picked up one of these at Best Buy this past weekend as well.. I wasn't even aware of it when I went it in since it wasn't in their ad or on their website, but for the price I thought it was a really nice deal overall. chose it over an HP A10-4600 laptop that was $50 more. i was aware of the Lenovo brand however so I knew i should be getting a fairly quality pc.

I don't think i've seen an I5-3210 with 6 Gig Ram and 750 HDD for price.

Where did you purchase your laptops? I spoke to Best Buy yesterday and they stated nobody had these in stock. The online store also shows "Coming Soon".

mine was in a Georgetown TX Store, I walked in and they had it out.. and had them in stock.
    I saw the one on BB website that's coming soon.. not sure its the same exact one as the one on the website has 2 more Gig RAM and 250 more HDD space and is more expensive. The only other place I've seen the P580 online is Futureshop (a canadian best buy) had a listing for it.
    i'm sure its quite possible that Best Buy put them out earlier than they should have but i'm not complaining if they did.

oh and the price(since i Haven't seen it on this thread) was $599

I'm looking at purchasing a laptop and new to the laptop market. I saw this one at Best Buy and was thinking of getting it, but always want to do my own research first. Same thing, can't find anything online about this laptop and the Lenovo website doesn't have anything for P-series.

Is this a new laptop that is coming out? A previous post said it's the new series replacing the N-series. I find it very surprising that I can't find anything on this laptop online.

I purchased mine at the Best Buy in Alliance (Fort Worth) TX yesterday. Still can't find anything on the internet that is true to what I have. The Best Buy site shows the P580 with an AMD processor, but there is an intel sticker on my machine.

As far as the laptop goes, I am very pleased with it so far. I have not had time to really put it through its paces yet, but from the keyboard and touchpad to the screen I am very happy. Also like the lack of bloatware that came with it. I expect to be a very happy customer.

That's good to know PhilaDallas. I might head to my local BB after work where I saw it last week and pick it up. Sounds to me like this is a new laptop that hasn't made it'd debut yet but leaking out early. The processor/memory/HDD combo is really good for the price. Also nice that it's an Ivy-bridge processor. Just surprising that there's nothing online about it. Even before laptops come out there are forums or reviews of the laptop. This is like a ghost.

I picked one up from Best Buy Evanston,IL this week. Had actually been interested in a slightly different model, but they had just put up the specs sheet and price (no display model yet) on this one, and it seemed to hit a sweet spot between price and hardware. Those best buy guys were pushing the MacBook Air hard though.
    Everything is super nice so far. Keyboard is very comfortable to type on. Trackpad is huge and has the L/R buttons of a traditional mouse incorporated in.

Don't get me wrong though. I had an iBook G4 for nearly 8 years. It was funny the way the BB guy said "going from an iBook to a (shudder) Lenovo!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast