Linux/windows 15 inch laptop for programming an Blu-rays
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Dell Business line, HP business line
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Programming, Blu-rays. Ivy Bridge graphics would be enough.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
online is fine
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Ubuntu and windows 7/8
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
1920 x 1080 or 1200
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
in the next month
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
500GB is min. SSD not needed
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Blu ray player is essential
I would like to get a dell latitude e6530 but blu-ray is not an option..... I would also like to get a new ivy bridge processor. The integrated graphics are fine as I use a desktop for gaming. Oh, a 10key number pad would be ideal.