I'm a Digital Artist and I work with Photoshop, ZBrush, Maya and do a bit video editing. I'm looking for a laptop that can handle working on high resolution paintings.(and not get overheated and shutdown). Currently, I have a desktop with Intel Core i7-2600 CPU and 8GB Ram. I guess I'm looking for a laptop equivalent. The Lenovo w530 has caught my eye
1) What is your budget?
Up to $3000
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: No preference (though like I said, the Lenovo w530 has caught my eye).
b. Dislike: HP
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Digital painting, 3D rendering and may be some video editing.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Yes, I'll be carrying it around
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I think I would like to see it before buying.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1680x1050, 1920x1200 and 1920x1080
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
In a month or two
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
2-3 years probably
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
Around 500GB and yes, an SSD drive.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
A simple DVD Burner would suffice.
Last edited by spikestraw; 17th June 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Reason: Additional info