1) What is your budget? $1200 (might push it to $1400 if needed).
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Netbook; 10” screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
*Smaller the better
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming: Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, League of Legends...
Video Editing: After effects
Note: Skype video is open 24/7
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, League of Legends...
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
5 or more will be ideal. Less than that will be fine
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I'll go online if the price difference is a lot. I'm just concern on repairs or returning scenarios.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7. What's the difference between Home, Pro and ultimate again? Will it affect my gaming and video editing if I chose Home?
Screen Specifics 1920 x1080 for those laptop size will be a dream. The highest possible resolution I can achieve will be recommended.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design No clue. Whats the difference
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
No. The most important is how well does it handles heat. The cooler the better.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Independence Day Sale. Hopefully there is one.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
I upgrade every 4-5 years. So preferably i7 processor
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
I have a lot of external SATA drives. I just need the minimum possible SSD drive for handling Windows 7, installed games and softwares. Other media such as music and videos will be on my external drives
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?