I am planning on buying a laptop sometime in the next 10 days.
I have no particular item in mind, the laptop is gonna be for regular use since I'm not much of a gamer.
1) What is your budget?
1000$ (Take into consideration that I'm not buying it from the US, thus prices are gonna be higher). I can consider a slightly higher price if my requirements are tricky to be found in such a budget
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mainly, intense web browsing (I like to keep a lot of tabs opened), presentations, watching movies, and playing music (Audio quality is very important- and yes I will take into consideration buying a sound card)... Would like to be able to multitask easily
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No, but a decent gaming capacity is preferred (Just in case) but not necessary if it will take over other specs (considering the budget)
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
4+ hours of intense use
5+ of light use
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Won't be buying it online
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows since Macs are above my price range, but if you believe Linux would be better, I'll learn to adapt to it
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
Not very familiar, i guess a 1280x800??
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Glossy is fine
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
To some extent yes, but I am open for less stylish options
15) When are you buying this laptop?
In the next 10 days
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
A few years
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
DVD burner (might settle for none)
I need a laptop that's fast enough. Preferred: dedicated memory, 7200 rpm, i7 (or dual-core i5), USB 3.0 (if you think it's good), and finally good graphics.