Thread: Well Performing $500 Laptop
4th June 2012, 10:04 PM #1
Well Performing $500 Laptop
Currently looking at the ASUS U32U-ES21. Thoughts on alternatives please. 13" preferred. Durability is important.
1) What is your budget? $500
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Browsing & Light Applications
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Purchasing Online Is Fine
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
1366x768 And Up
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Next Few Days
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
120GB Is Plenty, SSD Not Necessary
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
Doesn't MatterCertifications Acquired: A+, Network+, Security+, MCITP: Server Administrator
Certifications In Progress: CISSP
Current Position: Windows System Administrator