As in title im looking for an AMD system to test the red team. Either with hybrid crossfire graphics or without but it must have an A8 MX CPU.
1) What is your budget?
Up to ~750€. Flexible but as i mainly just want to test an AMD system cheaper is better .
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Sure why not.
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Testing purpose but if kept mostly work/colledge maby a game or two.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Ill be testing its gaming capability too with all sorts of games and if i keep it i hope it will run most titles at least on low/med settings.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
The more the better... 4h minimum though.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online is fine.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Doesnt matter i have spare copies of Win 7.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1600x900 at least but 1920x1080 would be ideal.
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Matte would be nice.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Not really. But i like plain designs .
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Not in a hurry.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
Just want this to play with - to test the AMD camp so no high expectations.
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
Ill put in my own SSD so HDD doesnt matter.
18) Do you need an optical drive?
DVD-RW is fine.
Last edited by HeavenCry; 29th May 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Only thing i could find would be a custom built HP DV6Z but it isnt sold like that in the EU...
Also forgot to mention if possible id like either a touchpad+pointing stick with two sets of buttons like the workstation and business laptops have (m4600, w520, e6520...) or just a touchpad with no buttons at all (like the new Asus and Samsungs - rather have no buttons then crummy ones).