3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator. United States/Online
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo, Asus, Others
b. Dislike: Dell, HP
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? I'll use this primarily for engineering work along with 720p video editing, photo editing, and multi-track audio (up to 48 channels).
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? [BI'll be taking it with me everywhere[/B]
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? I don't anticipate playing any games on it
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 4-6
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? No Preference
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Windows 7
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? 1920x1080, 95% Color Gamut, IPS Preferred
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen? Matte preferred
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Somewhat
15) When are you buying this laptop? In the next month or two
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 4-5 years
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive? 500gb or above, 7200RPM
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive? Blu-Ray reader preferred
I'd also like it to have an Ivy Bridge processor and would prefer all ports to be on the sides. An LED backlit keyboard is also required. eSATA would be nice to have but not necessary. An Express Card slot is also required.
Last edited by derek_vw; 21st May 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Well I ended up ordering the Sager NP9150 from XoticPC. With the NBR discount and free shipping, it was a pretty reasonable deal. I had to sacrifice the battery life and express card but I think it'll work out well.