c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
b. Dislike: HP, MSI
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Web browsing, Microsoft Office, light video-editing, gaming
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
I would be carrying it around a fair bit.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes, GTA V, Skyrim, New Vegas, NBA 2K, FIFA, Diablo 3, Starcraft. I want to run these on relatively high settings. Hopefully the card will at least be as powerful as the GT 650M
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Anything around 3 or 4 for web browsing. Of course, more is always better
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online is OK
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
I'd like a nothing less than a 1080p screen
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Sometime before July
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
3 years. Hopefully, it'll be able to run the latest games on at least medium settings.
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
128 gb. I want an SSD
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
Is there anything like the Acer Aspire Timeline M3. I'm looking for portability, a respectable graphics card, and good looks. However, it doesn't have a good enough screen. I'm also intrigued by the next iteration of the MacBook Pro.