I've boiled it down to 3 choices for my next computer purchase.
comes to around 1750 with shipping and taxes
4gig ram ( planning to upgrade this myself )
comes to around 2260 with shipping and taxes
c) get a desktop with a 27" monitor
comes to around 2500 dollars with taxes
do you guys think the m18x is worth the extra 500 dollars? portability isn't really an issue for me as long as I can still move it from place to place.
how much more performance would the 6990m xfire be compared to the 675m?
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15" - 18"
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
playing games, doing some development work.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
probably won't be traveling with it that much
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
mostly mmos and action games
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
I'm going to leave it plugged in
Base upon your needs and budget constraint, I would chose the np9150. The specs should be more than enough to handle the current games at high settings.
If you were going to chose the m18x, I would rather get a custom desktop since it doesn't seem you will use it for mobility and you will always plug it in.
It may be 2500 upfront, but a 2500 dollar desktop will last your computer around 2-4 years before you will need to replace the hardware.