Quantcast What laptop has the least problems?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default What laptop has the least problems?

Im looking for the kinds of laptops (brands) that dont have many problems. What are the ones with the least?

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: What laptop has the least problems?

based on square trades testing over 2-3 years ASUS and Toshiba were the best
    HP was the worst

of course that including alot of models and configurations

best the find a model from a manufacture that your like then do reseacrh in the issues that model has

Notebook Enthusiast

I heard asus has many problems

Notebook Enthusiast

What is square trades testing, is that a site I can check out?

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by bob-6lgs View Post
    I heard asus has many problems
    Maybe you're thinking of Acer? They used to be known as quite crap quality wise. But they've been stepping up the ante and their Timeline series is fine build wise.

Asus are solid usually slightly above average build for consumer notebooks.

In the end, it's really a tossup and it's best to look at each individual model and see what's being said about it from owners and pro reviews.

Best if you fill out the form if you're looking for help choosing a laptop.

Notebook Deity

JHe's probably referring to the BSOD that the G51 suffered from occasionally or the GSOD that the G73 suffers from occasionally.

Or he could be thinking about the old-school Acer's or Toshiba's.

Quote Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of Acer? They used to be known as quite crap quality wise. But they've been stepping up the ante and their Timeline series is fine build wise.

Asus are solid usually slightly above average build for consumer notebooks.

In the end, it's really a tossup and it's best to look at each individual model and see what's being said about it from owners and pro reviews.

Best if you fill out the form if you're looking for help choosing a laptop.
    Acer 3820TG | i5-450M @3.32GHz| ATI 5650+Integrated GPU | 8GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz | 13.3" | 500GB HDD | Intel 6300 WiFi | 3DMark06 9812 | 3.9 lbs.

SSD next on the list.

Notebook Geek

I used several Asus computers and they are horrible pieces of junk, I'm a video game developer and a hobbiest desktop computer builder for the record. Asus builds computers to the cheapest possible standards in every single way. My own Asus G1SN has had a DOZEN SEPARATE serious problems, I can't even resell it because of the severe issues.

HB by enlarge is a very sloppy manufacturer and I've repeatedly seen problems from them, but unlike Asus they build their computers very well, something you should get for $2000+. You'll see many software and hardware issues, but the latest generation Envy 15 and 14 computers are great, they're made of magnesium so they're indestructible, HP has Fixed all the software issues that have caused inexplicable constant crashes with the Envy series, they've revised the construction so the hardware problems are gone, and if you get the SSD and i5 processor it will even run at reasonable temperature.

If you want a computer to last and be reliable I would highly recommend MacBooks ToughBooks or the Envy 15/14, I've looked at the entire market for similarly well made products with similar performance and nothing else exists. Because of my Asus being so terrible I needed something trouble free so hopefully you can also use this research.

Notebook Geek

following are some laptops having least incidents of problems:
    HP envy 2nd generation
    HP elitebook 8470w
    Lenovo thinkpad w series
    Apple macbook pro
    asus g73 series.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
    I used several Asus computers and they are horrible pieces of junk, I'm a video game developer and a hobbiest desktop computer builder for the record. Asus builds computers to the cheapest possible standards in every single way. My own Asus G1SN has had a DOZEN SEPARATE serious problems, I can't even resell it because of the severe issues.

HB by enlarge is a very sloppy manufacturer and I've repeatedly seen problems from them, but unlike Asus they build their computers very well, something you should get for $2000+. You'll see many software and hardware issues, but the latest generation Envy 15 and 14 computers are great, they're made of magnesium so they're indestructible, HP has Fixed all the software issues that have caused inexplicable constant crashes with the Envy series, they've revised the construction so the hardware problems are gone, and if you get the SSD and i5 processor it will even run at reasonable temperature.

If you want a computer to last and be reliable I would highly recommend MacBooks ToughBooks or the Envy 15/14, I've looked at the entire market for similarly well made products with similar performance and nothing else exists. Because of my Asus being so terrible I needed something trouble free so hopefully you can also use this research.

Your consumer grade Asus is 2 and a half years old. No wonder nobody wants it.

Also Asus gives a standard 1 year accidental damage warranty. You can't beat that.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Radiating View Post

-This isnt the first story I have heard about asus, plus the store model at best buy suffering from a problem didnt help either.
    So the envy is a good laptop... I was looking into it.
    Why the 14 and 15, whats wrong with the 17?
    I would like to get a mac, but I need two hard drives, and I think they are too much money for the specs you get.
    So the envy will last long? Will a envy 15 support 2 hard drives?

-- I made this post cause my pc time had ended, and now I wanna get one thats really good. I do some video editing, some gaming (not that serious, mainly for APB, Aion, maybe crisis1). I would hope for good cooling, and a sturdy laptop with good specs. I would just like to know. I was going for asus but hanging around the forums I saw too many problem topics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast