Quantcast ASUS G60jx-Rbbx05 or the ASUS G50j - X3 from amazon.com

Closed Thread

Default ASUS G60jx-Rbbx05 or the ASUS G50j - X3 from amazon.com

Initially I was planning to get an ASUS g73 from bestbuy but I didn't like the warranty and it seems they have increased the price to $1299. I hate it that their is no ASUS warranty with this bb model and i've heard of many HW issues concerning this particular model. So I've decided to rule out this one.

The ASUS G60jx is out of the bestbuy website and I've found a manufacture refurbished G60jx model at Amazon.com. I like the specs and price of $799. But its a refurb and comes with only three months manufacture warranty. However, I can purchase a Square trade 3 years accident protection warranty for $199. Since I am not from the US and will be taking this laptop with me, I am not sure whether to purchase this warranty.

Amazon.com: Asus G60JX-RBBX05 Intel i5-430M, 4 GB, 500 GB, NVIDIA GTS360M…

Amazon.com: SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (Laptops $700-800): Electronics

Another model is the ASUS g50jx-x3 which has a similar spec except it has a smaller but better display. The price for this model is $999 and it comes with the standard ASUS warranty which also includes 1 year accident protection. It also includes a backpack but I want to buy a better Swiss Gear backpack that costs $69 at Amazon.com; its price is $100 at Bestbuy.

http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamer...8?ie=UTF8&s=pc

I will not be spending more that $1100 for the overall purchase.
    Will Amazon ship this item for free?? How long would it take normally??
    Which one is a better choice and do you think I should purchase the warranty?? Will a refurb be a safe choice?

Thanks..
    Last edited by %TEMP%; 15th August 2010 at 01:45 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: ASUS G60jx-Rbbx05 or the ASUS G50j - X3 from amazon.com

you need to double check on the warranty thru Square Trade. Refurb items are not covered the same. Its deceiving the way amazon puts if right under the laptop. Its one year only for $129 not accident warranty either and a second year is $65.00 for a total of 194.99. for a two year warranty with not accident coverage.
    I looked at that same item and thankfully read up on square trade to find out about the referb warranty being different

Default Re: ASUS G60jx-Rbbx05 or the ASUS G50j - X3 from amazon.com

The warranty(only 3 months) sucks at amazon even more cause they used to give 1 year manufacturer warranty at Bestbuy for the refurbed ASUS g60jx. Thanks JonFreeStar for the info on Square trade warranty..

By the way, do you think this G60jx will be available in stores thought its not on the bestbuy website now?? Do some stores give better warranties than others? Which laptop would you buy considering the overall price and performance ? Is it true that Asus g60jx is better than G50j?? I've read about many people experiencing overheating and performance drop while gaming on the G50j. But then again there is not much talk in the town about the Asus g60jx.. People in the bestbuy website were commenting positively thought..

Thanks again..