I need a netbook for my wife to take to school (she needs something very portable).
I have never bought a netbook before and from what I can see, most netbooks appear to be very similar, so I need some help on what is the right one.
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Not a factor
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Must be new
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Using for school
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Must be portable
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No games, but screen quality is important.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
8 hours +
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Not a factor.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
The higher the resoluton the better.
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
Prefer matte, but not a major factor.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Probably at Best Buy.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
3 years +
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
300 - 500
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
External drive is needed.