i have been using computers for many years but this is my first
laptop. i do video editing and i want wireless tv. that is under question 6 and have a post on your forum called (Laptop Wireless Tv choices). I also want a wireless mouse and (headphone speaker set) i assume i could use bluetooth for this. a multifunction pad (that works well) and a moderate form of security (finger print would be fine)
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook?
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't
a. Like: dell asus hp
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this
a. video editing (adobe products)
b. wireless tv from my laptop (either 'netgear push2tv' or
Warpia easy dock, a usb based wireless system
(please see my post 'Laptop Wireless Tv choices' on the 'what
notebook should i buy' forum. thank you
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places,
leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state
which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
2-3 would be fine
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before
purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
online is OK
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac
OS, Linux, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you
prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution
will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone
is different. Some like really small text, while others like their
text big and easy to read. If you are unsure of what to purchase,
we would highly recommend you check some notebook screens before
you buy to see what you like. You may also wish to take a look at
the notebook screen guide for more information.
I don't want the test too small. the resolution i see in BB and othes is fine
•Midrange Resolutions: WXGA+, HD+, 900p
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy
i would prefer a glossy screen though matte has some advantage
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
within next 2 weeks
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you
want a SSD drive?
500 GB would do -- no ssd
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD
Burner or Blu-Ray drive?