2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator. US
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: ASUS
b. Dislike: No real preferences, my choices seem to be narrowing down to ASUS though.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No.
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Running 3D modeling software, CS4, Word Processing, Movies, Gaming.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Will most likely be taking it to my classes.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Yes, mainly MMO's (WoW atm), DOTA Style games, FPS (Nothing much more demanding than TF2 or Half Life 2), RPG's.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 2+ hours or so would be nice, although I would imagine I can just plug in.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Doesn't matter to me.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Windows 7.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. If you are unsure of what to purchase, we would highly recommend you check some notebook screens before you buy to see what you like. You may also wish to take a look at the notebook screen guide for more information.
* Standard Resolutions: WXGA, HD, 720p
* Actual resolutions: 1280x800 and 1366x768
* Midrange Resolutions: WXGA+, HD+, 900p
* Actual resolutions: 1440x900 and 1600x900
* Maximum Resolutions: WSXGA+, WUXGA, FHD, 1080p
* Actual resolutions: 1680x1050, 1920x1200 and 1920x1080
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? Indifferent.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? No, as long as it isn't hideous.
15) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last? Probably around 5 years.
16) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive? 250GB+ (500GB seems to be the standard anyways)
17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive. Yes, don't need anything in particular, although Blu-Ray would be nice.
The only thing I'm worried about with the N61JV is the GPU, I haven't looked at any new GPU's for a couple years now, so I'm not really sure how well it will run if I were to play more demanding games.
i7 seems to be a power hog, so I'm a little concerned about the battery life being to short, and I'm not completely sure if it will be overkill for what I'm using the laptop for.