3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: hp (compaq), asus, dell
b. Dislike: acer
5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Office 2007, video streaming, internet
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games or types of games?
nothing that an integrated video chip couldn't handle
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
online is ok
10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
11) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer?
b. WXGA+ – 1440x900; A modest bump over WXGA. Text and icons are a bit smaller. A little more stuff fits on the screen.
c. WSXGA+ – 1680x1050; The middle ground. Again, text and icons are smaller than WXGA+, and more stuff fits onto the screen. Good for having applications open side by side, like a web browser while playing a video.
12) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
13) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
14) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
Christmas present, 3-5 years would be nice
15) How much hard drive space do you want; 80GB to 500GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
at least 150 gb
16) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
TechTarget provides enterprise IT professionals with the information they need to perform their jobs - from developing strategy, to making cost-effective IT purchase decisions and managing their organizations' IT projects - with its network of technology-specific Web sites, events and magazines.