Quantcast Best Retail Store?

Closed Thread

Us Best Retail Store?

What do you guys think is the best retail store (ie. Bestbuy, Circuit City,etc.) to buy a laptop from.

I need a laptop for Monday...so i don't have much time to wait for them to Ship a laptop if I buy online.

What do u think is the best retail store (in the US)

Sam
    Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: Best Retail Store?

Apple Store .

Anyways, it'll depend on which notebook you're planning to get. For example there are brand-specific small businesses and they always have great service and stock. The larger stores will have a larger selection but not necessarily better service or have your particular model in stock.

So tell us what brand you're looking at first.
    Apple MacBook Pro 13 | OS X Snow Leopard | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | 250 GB HDD | SuperDrive
    Raidmax Desktop | Windows XP | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad | 4 GB RAM | 500 GB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4850
    Apple iPhone 3G S | Bell Canada | 16 GB | Incipio Feather Metallic Black

Mac Switcher's Guide | Windows on a Mac Guide | My Flickr

Notebook Deity

bestbuy i think... i bought a vaio there before and the price was ok. =D not bad
    Macbook Pro 13"
    Intel i5 | 4Gb RAM DDR3 | 320Gb HD | Intel HD 3000 | Lion OSx

NBR Resident Assistant

If you are in West Coast, look for a PC Club... they got the ASUS models and can special order any other notebook... Clevo, Compal, etc...

If you are looking for basic notebooks, Best Buy is a good choice since they have very good deals [some of which are not publicly advertised] for causal users.

If you want an Apple... go to Apple Store.

| Giveaway: More coming..
    Most popular articles: What is the best notebook brand?.. Exposed. | E3 2009: Booth Girls | Star Wars: The Old Republic - Interview
    VirtualBox - F.A.Q., Tutorial & Guide | Black Friday 2009 - I show you how to NOT wait in line | Xbox 360's for under $100 ... Yay!

Notebook Evangelist

retail stores are only good for stuff like mp3 players and tvs that have a set price...computers that can be customized are much better through the company itself.

Sam
    Notebook Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by mordeth View Post
    retail stores are only good for stuff like mp3 players and tvs that have a set price...computers that can be customized are much better through the company itself.
    True, but the original poster stated he/she doesn't have the time to wait for shipping online. He/she'd rather get the notebook right away at a store.
    Apple MacBook Pro 13 | OS X Snow Leopard | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | 250 GB HDD | SuperDrive
    Raidmax Desktop | Windows XP | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad | 4 GB RAM | 500 GB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4850
    Apple iPhone 3G S | Bell Canada | 16 GB | Incipio Feather Metallic Black

Mac Switcher's Guide | Windows on a Mac Guide | My Flickr

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    True, but the original poster stated he/she doesn't have the time to wait for shipping online. He/she'd rather get the notebook right away at a store.

oops i should learn to read....i have to confess i just read the topic and first sentece

Misanthrope

I'm very partial to Best Buy. I have been living in Thailand my whole life up until summer 2005. I moved to America and needed a computer. Living in Easton, PA, the closest retail store was a Circuit City in Bethlhem, so I went there. I had a good experience with them. I never found the need to go to Best Buy, which was in Allentown.

All of a sudden, Circuit City let some of its employees go because they wanted to hire new people with smaller wages. This made several people mad, but I went back anyway. Let me tell you it was not the same. I went to Best Buy and I saw the former glory of CC...except it was in blue and yellow instead of red and yellow. xD

Best Buy = win.