1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Ultraportable; 12" screen or less
3) Please select your country's flag as a post icon and tell us what country are you buying this in.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Always liked IBM, never had a dell, have an HP-Compaq V3000 as well.
5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
General note-taking in school, web browsing, e-mail, nothing intensive.
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
- definitely for use while traveling, school, etc
7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
- Would like at least 3 with wireless on
9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
- not at all
10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
- XP Pro
11) Would you prefer standard or widescreen?
- doesn't matter
12) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer?
a. XGA -1024x768 - Large and easy to read text + graphics icons, but you fit less stuff on the screen.
b. SXGA - 1400x1050 - Compromise resolution between XGA and UXGA.
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
- Doesn't matter
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
- Yes, but not as much as durability
15) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
at least 2-3 years
16) How much hard drive space do you want; 40GB to 200GB?
won't need much more than 30-40
17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD-ROM, DVD-CD/RW or DVD-RW drive?
yes, just for general use (installing OS, dvds). Don't really need a burner on this machine (perhaps just CD-R)