Quantcast Toshiba satellite A350 bios recovery (Phoenix) - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Toshiba satellite A350 bios recovery (Phoenix)

pls could sumbody help me with the right bios file for toshiba satellite l500-017.
    looks lyk it's been taken off the list of available computers on toshiba's support site...
    also how long should u hold down fn-b before releasing..my fan turns @ full speed but i don't see any light from the usb's led..PLS HELP!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirak1974 View Post
    Hi
    A few days ago, I did a big mistake, I was trying to update my laptop bios, but the stupid winphlash , started without any intervention from me! and the result? a dead laptop. since then, I was badly looking for some solution, and finally I did it! my laptop is alive now! so I wanted to share the method with the forum's members.
    First of all, it's indeed possible to recover a dead bios using a usb drive! so, no need to use a usb floppy drive which is useless , since most modern bios files, are bigger than 1.44Mb, so the file can't fit in a single floppy!
    Second: a lot of people do not succeed in recovering dead bios because of using the wrong tools! the key is using a specific Phoenix tool. Crisis Bios Recovery , but one version is the right one : 1.0.0.4, it is able to creat a usb recovery drive ! you can download it from here :

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1mnzygmizgm
    The method is as follow :
    1- Extract the rar file, you will have a folder named crisdisk.
    2- Download the bios flash rom file, and rename it to BIOS.WPH, the put it in the crisdiks folder , beside WINCRIS.EXE.
    3- Insert your usb drive , it’s better to have one with less than 2Gb, and open WINCRIS.EXE , choose ‘’Removable ‘’ in Disk format, thenk click on
    ‘start’.

4- Now, in your dead Laptop, remove the battery , CD or DVD rom, any card, unplug it from the AC source , and put in the usb drive.
    5- You must put your laptop in Crisis Recovery Mode, by Holding down: Fn+B and while holding, plug the computer in to power and press the power button.
    6- You should see the usb drive LED blinking for a while, then it stops ! wait for 2 or 3 min until the CPU Fan noise stops.
    7- Unplug the power , and boot yor laptop, it’s alive ! eh voilà !
    i've done all this but it's not work..
    i just hear the buzzer sound..
    please help me!
    my laptop model : toshiba satellite L310 PSME6L-00U001

Hi everyone,

this method worked out for me on my A500-02E (Toshiba Satellite).

Here is the method I used to create my usb key.

1.)Use a usb stick and do a format as FAT from windows.
    (I use 1gb stick)

2.)Run WINCRIS.EXE select your formated usb stick Click the "Start" button whait and a message come and say to "Remove your stick
    and reconect" So remove the stick click "OK" to the window (do not close the WINCRIS.EXE and dont click anything else) and reconect.
    Afer choose "YES" in the windows say "Do you whant to format onother crisis disk?" and click again the "Start" button.
    (This is to make sure we update the CRISBOOT.BIN in usb boot sector. For me works like that.)
    (If WINCRIS.EXE doesnt run and give an error try to run it in compatibility mod)

3.)Remove your stick and reconect, copy in the stick the "MINIDOS.SYS"-"PHLASH16.EXE" and finaly your bios with name: bios.wph.

The only time it worked for me is when the bios filename was in lowercase.

Using Fn + B on boot up, the fan kick in high rev, the system read out from usb key for about 10 - 15 sec, then system powered off after 5 min.

re-installed dvd, hard disk and battery... back in business...

Thanks a lot for this thread...

Thanks to all and to Pelrac (helped with compatibility mode)
    After two days of searching and trying different methods I was able to restore my customer laptop.
    To others who did not managed to wake up your toys - keep trying - there is method somewhere for you as well.
    I'm not sure if all steps from this forum were right or the problem was dvdrom still not removed, but finaly it's done.
    Thanks again!!!

P.S. Laptop Toshiba Satellite L450D-11W - if someone got similar problems I can post my steps, but I'm sure that info here is enough
    Last edited by SSvastika; 5th June 2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Extra info

Anyone got a working copy of the link for crisis disk as the one posted aint working for me thank in advance

Notebook Enthusiast

nice one bravo

Dear, I also have problem with my satellite a350 PSAL6A-04W016. The laptop cannot boot (whether using battery or when power cord is plugged). Fan is on for seconds then off. No display, the screen is totally black.
    This problem may be because a day before, I put my laptop to sleep immediately when a mouse is attached on it. I unplugged the mouse while the lid is still closed. Then, the laptop is off by itself. When I try to to turn it on, the problem above appears. Could you please help me. Many Thanks

Notebook Consultant

WoW! There are now two options:
    1. You laptop killed its BIOS and you will have try to recover it or re-prgramm the ePROM/ROM with a prommer.
    2. Your MoBo died. If it has warranty just sent it back to TOSHIBA.
    TOSHIBA L650-1MT PSK1JE
    Intel i3 380M @ 2,53Ghz; 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM; ATi HD5650M 1GB GDDR3 @ HD5730M clocks (650/930) 0,95V; Samsung 64GB SSD;

Thanks alxlbf2,
    I have also tried to what dirak1974 and pelrac suggested. Also this http://www.justanswer.com/computer/4...-recently.html The laptop responds to floppy but after couple minutes waiting nothing happened. I restarted the laptop the screen still black and off by itself :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kloy View Post
    i've done all this but it's not work..
    i just hear the buzzer sound..
    please help me!
    my laptop model : toshiba satellite L310 PSME6L-00U001
    I have problem with Toshiba satelite L310

Help me!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast