Quantcast If you own the L305D-S5895 laptop PLEASE read, urgent "to me" help.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you own the L305D-S5895 laptop PLEASE read, urgent "to me" help.

I recently bought a factory sealed non refurb Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 Laptop off of eBay for $550 shipped and on top of that I even used the MS Live search Cashback thing so all in all I paid about $420 for it. That aside, I despise Vista with a passion so what I would like to do is format the HDD and install my copy of XP Home. Now while thats not a problem because I've done it before with other computers the problem is with the drivers. Now I've already wiped out Vista and installed XP Home and everything seems to be running fine I just need to find drivers for everything so I can use the Wi-FI / LAN etc. Now Toshiba's website has a few drivers listed as XP compatible for this laptop but not everything, seems the ones that they have listed are just for minor stuff no one cares about. It seems that the drivers that are missing for a successful XP instal are ALL the important ones like the ethernet controller, video, Wi-Fi etc etc etc.

Anyway, if you have this laptop successfully running XP in all it's glory please reply as I need help getting all the drivers... Ty. Even if you dont have this laptop but can provide me with all or even some of the XP drivers for it that I would be eternally grateful.

The one driver I do have that I know for a fact works is the Realtek HD Audio Codecs.

Notebook Geek

Default Re: If you own the L305D-S5895 laptop PLEASE read, urgent "to me" help.

HI, don't worry, it's not a big deal just put attention
    you must download this software first
    EVEREST, the free edition is enough
    www.lavalys.com
    then select in the right list hardware devices and windows devices in the right window, so you will be able to know what's the hardware name wich has no drivers, this will let you google it and find the drivers, or you can also use the drivertoolkit software, also very helpful

Notebook Geek

haha, forgive me, i'm sleeping, you must choose from the left list the hardware devices option and then windows devices on the right side, keep in touch to know how is it going

While I do or atleast think I understand what you said that wont work for me if I cannot atleast get the Wi-Fi or LAN working.

Notebook Geek

you can use the pc wich your working with right now, download the software and save it in a usb memory, then use the software in the notebook where we want to know what devices your notebook has, and then google for it in the pc where you have internet acces

Notebook Geek

if you want, just let me know what the ethernet device name is or the wireless and i'll help you to find it, so you can do the rest of the work in the notebook

Quote Originally Posted by sdragonshin View Post
    you can use the pc wich your working with right now, download the software and save it in a usb memory, then use the software in the notebook where we want to know what devices your notebook has, and then google for it in the pc where you have internet acces
    I actually do have a spare USB 256mb flash drive I can use so ya that will work. I'll see what I can maybe dig up on my own which as of now hasnt been very much and then ask for help if I need it which I probably will / kinda do now hence the post heh. I guess the main good news as of now is that XP Home installs fine. I read another post here where one guy couldnt get even half way with the install / format.

Since I cant post URL's / Pic's til 15 posts I gotta do it like this... anyway heres a snap I took before I wiped out Vista. I expanded what I felt were the more relevant items to worry about first. Anyway, I'll try to find em on my own but figured I'd post this now since I will probably end up needing help. I'm good with computers but as sad as it sounds I suck when it comes to downoading / finding drivers for a system with a "not intended" OS installed.

eojmarket.com/NonForumStuff/images/ToshibaDevices.jpg

Notebook Geek

looks like piece of cake, give a second

Notebook Geek

it's the video driver

Notebook Geek

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast