Quantcast Toshiba A135-2286 issues

Closed Thread

Default Toshiba Satellite A135-2286 hardware

First post, yay.

My Toshiba A135-2286 laptop seems to have issues. When I try to install WinXP, the laptop says it's detecting my system's configuration then it goes to a blank screen and the HDD LED constantly blinks and does nothing. I left it on for about an hour and the LED is still blinking. I was thinking it's the DVD drive because I can still load Fedora pretty well but it can not detect the power supply nor the Ethernet port and it says that the sound card drivers can not load because the sound card can not be detected. I'm really suspecting the motherboard is the problem.

I bought this May of 2007 and I wish I bought Bestbuy's extended warranty, it would have been worth it. Being out of warranty, Toshiba may want to charge me the amount for a new laptop but right now I don't have a job nor do I have the money.

Any ideas.
    Last edited by Bill_A_Nator; 19th August 2008 at 10:01 AM.

Default Re: Toshiba A135-2286 issues

Is there a known issue with this line of laptops?

Notebook Enthusiast

Not specific to your problem - but the issue running restore CD's can still apply.

While running a full system recovery from the Recovery Media, the installation may fail -- and display one of the error messages listed below. Possible causes of these error conditions are listed at right. Use this list as a troubleshooting guide -- not as an absolute list of causes, as there may be others.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC10-1710" -- may be caused by a faulty hard drive.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC12-0241" -- may be caused by a faulty hard drive or defective memory.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC12-045D" -- may be caused by a faulty hard drive.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC06-0002" -- may be caused by damaged recovery media or faulty hard drive.

"An error has occurred. ERROR :10-FC12-0970" -- may be caused by defective memory.

See a lot of this model where on board video fails - you can hear fans but screen remains black.

Unfortunately, I threw away the recovery disk and long since formatted the hard drive for Fedora because I was fed up with slow ol' Vista.