Quantcast Problems with Toshiba M30 (buzzing noise)

Closed Thread

Default Problems with Toshiba M30 (buzzing noise)

Hi all, just started posting on the forums. I’ve owned this Toshiba M30 for only 9 months or so (actually I bought it based on reviews from this site, including http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=1991, and have been really happy with it except for this one problem. I’m calling Toshiba tech support as soon as I can, but I figured I can see if anyone else is having the same problem and what they did / happened.

When I have my display set at anything other than max (I think that’s level 8), I can hear a “whining” noise. It almost sounds as if some connection is loose, since it sounds like the buzzing of electricity coming from the back of the screen. It maybe behind the screen itself, or just below. And, the whining changes in pitch when I change from level to level. What I mean is, at level 8 it is almost silent (but if I put my ear really close to the back I can hear it slightly), but as I move from level 7, to 6 all the way to 1 I can hear it picking up in intensity.

Anyone else have this problem, or know what is causing it? Thanks!
    Last edited by Administrator; 6th May 2013 at 11:02 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Problems with Toshiba M30 (buzzing noise)

i had the same problem with the m40, cept it wasn't coming from the screen (i don't think), but from the top left corner. Updating my bios fixed it, well so far anyways.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jonxy
    Hi all, just started posting on the forums. I’ve owned this Toshiba M30 for only 9 months or so (actually I bought it based on reviews from this site, including http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=1991, and have been really happy with it except for this one problem. I’m calling Toshiba tech support as soon as I can, but I figured I can see if anyone else is having the same problem and what they did / happened.

When I have my display set at anything other than max (I think that’s level 8), I can hear a “whining” noise. It almost sounds as if some connection is loose, since it sounds like the buzzing of electricity coming from the back of the screen. It maybe behind the screen itself, or just below. And, the whining changes in pitch when I change from level to level. What I mean is, at level 8 it is almost silent (but if I put my ear really close to the back I can hear it slightly), but as I move from level 7, to 6 all the way to 1 I can hear it picking up in intensity.

Anyone else have this problem, or know what is causing it? Thanks!
    'When I have my display set at anything other than max (I think that’s level 8)'

Wat do u mean??? wer did u set on da desktop properties or da adapter properties, give some detail maybe I could help
    Last edited by Administrator; 6th May 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Notebook Enthusiast

It's probably the same squeeling noise that people are complaining about in the M40 in this thread: About M40's squealing noise

It comes from the speakers!

Notebook Virtuoso

Jonxy,

I believe this problem may have to do with the FL Inverter which is in the display. This provides the power to your LCD backlight. These have been known to squeal since there's a lot of power flowing through it. You might need the inverter replaced.

-vBulletin-