Quantcast Toshiba Laptop Keyboard Wont Work 911!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Toshiba Laptop Keyboard Wont Work 911!!

Hello I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE M50/M55 series... the keyboard stopped working all of the sudden , i had it on my bed.. went to sleep and then i used the laptop again... the battery ran out because I left it alone for some time.. then i plugged the laptop back on and the keyboard stopped working!!! any tips I can Follow? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Notebook Deity

Default Re: Toshiba Laptop Keyboard Wont Work 911!!

can't you go to a Best Buy or Circuit City to get such a problem repaired? I was worried I might wear out my w a s d keys on my notebook from playing first person shooter and might have to get it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob808 View Post
    can't you go to a Best Buy or Circuit City to get such a problem repaired? I was worried I might wear out my w a s d keys on my notebook from playing first person shooter and might have to get it replaced.
    Well the thing is could go to a repair center on my local area, but i just wanted to see if this happened to anyone else before i do, but i already went to a repair center and left the laptop there, they put a brand new keyboard to it and still did not work! all in front of me... they opened it up in seconds... coz if the keyboard was the problem i could walk out of the in 5 min... the would just change it and thats it.. but since it did not work then there is something else going on i had to leave it... ill post the result of this later!

cheers!

Wilman

ps: thank you for your comment.

Notebook Consultant

Was your laptop still running when you left it on your bed??? you want to make sure you didnt fry anything because it can overheat if you cover the vents on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by abehanna View Post
    Was your laptop still running when you left it on your bed??? you want to make sure you didnt fry anything because it can overheat if you cover the vents on the bottom.
    Hello, no abehanna the laptop was not covered my anything and yes I left it on, thats why i said that the battery ran out,

thank you for your comment

Notebook Consultant

if the keyboard has gone out, then it is an easy fix you can perform if you have even the most basic of technical knowledge. Furthermore, the keyboard costs no more than 30 dollars. (the company I work for purchases Toshiba keyboards for as little as 12 dollars)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    if the keyboard has gone out, then it is an easy fix you can perform if you have even the most basic of technical knowledge. Furthermore, the keyboard costs no more than 30 dollars. (the company I work for purchases Toshiba keyboards for as little as 12 dollars)
    Please read the post properly before posting, thank you..

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by wreyes View Post
    Please read the post properly before posting, thank you..
    I appologize. I only read the first post. The M55 has a dedicated IC for the keyboard controller which is what probably went bad. The M55 has a very poorly designed systemboard and is prone to failure (atleast in my experience). Ocassionally a capacitor near the keyboard connector gets knocked off the systemboard, but this is rather rare, especially if the laptop is well cared for and the technician who swapped out the keyboard didnt manhandle the laptop.

Have you tried plugging in a USB keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    I appologize. I only read the first post. The M55 has a dedicated IC for the keyboard controller which is what probably went bad. The M55 has a very poorly designed systemboard and is prone to failure (atleast in my experience). Ocassionally a capacitor near the keyboard connector gets knocked off the systemboard, but this is rather rare, especially if the laptop is well cared for and the technician who swapped out the keyboard didnt manhandle the laptop.

Have you tried plugging in a USB keyboard?
    Dont worry, no need to apologize , and regarding your question, well yes, as matter of fact I am using a USB keyboard at the moment which is very frustrating since everytime i have to move or whatever i have to take it with me , and about the capacitor, that sounds like easy to repair? what if i just buy a new one? how could i know which one is for my laptop and how hard is it to replace? thank you very much all your information is been pretty helpful

Note: I have the laptop Back from the Repair center! and they told me that the IDE controler of the motherboard was damaged... and that in orther to fix the laptop they had to replace the motherboard .

Notebook Deity

this is my problem with having to leave the notebook or pc with a service shop, say they break something on purpose so they can charge you for xtra labor costs, especially if you're not very knowledgeable about computers in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast