ZX 5000 General Discussion

Discussion in 'HP' started by tewellbaum, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlschele1

nlschele1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Kool man thanks, oh yea, I wanted to buy some more memory, atleast 512 from Crucial. Is that a good company? and Does the zx5000 come with parity or non-parity memory?

2. nlschele1

nlschele1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Im still stuck on what brand of memory to purchase. I leaning towards Crucial but are there any suggestions out there for my zx5000us series?

3. TTOM

TTOM Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,
    I am hoping someone can provide an explanation or suggestion to my inquiry. I recently purchased the HP zx5040us model. This is my first time owning a notebook, an HP for that matter. Prior to this I had a Gateway with the Athlon AMD processor (850Mhz). DSL is currently not available in my residential area at the moment. Anyway, it seems that my notebook runs so much slower than my last computer, particularly when I am online (dialup). I am not sure if this is a Windows/Explorer issue or something with the system. The HP notebook is a Pentium 4 running at 2.8Mhz with 512 MB RAM; I figured it would, at least, be as fast as my last system through the dialup. Yes, I understand it is restricted my the dialup, but it actually takes 1.5 to twice as long to load the same webpage. I am not a "techy", if anyone in the forum can provide an explanation or suggestion on what I can check or adjust, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Tom

4. MON2REY

MON2REY Newbie

Reputations:
    Pelican07, I've had my zx5000 for about 2 weeks now. It is configured almost exactly as what you wantexcept I have 2x256 ram and 80GB HD. I am very happy so far. Let's compare notes occasionally. I am not a techy so I'm open to all suggestions.

5. pelican07

pelican07 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi MON2REY, Good news that you are v. happy with your ZX5000.
    I would also go with an 80GB HD (preferably 5400RPM) to store the odd movie and hope to increase the time until the laptop becomes obselete.
    Regarding RAM, I was thinking of saving $250 and ordering with only
    1x512MB and expanding with another 512MB or more later (when prices have dropped and I need more memory). Perhaps that,s not a good idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.