Zenbook U500 Announced: 15.6" HD IPS, GT650M, Quad-Core i7...

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kanuk, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You find it also for 1700+ €. Unfortunately in US it's much cheaper (as always) :confused:

2. Necrodox

Necrodox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well this certainly isn't made for the college budget haha, back to my N56VZ! :p

3. bagofjuice

bagofjuice Newbie

Reputations:
    I have followed this and the other u500 thread on the sidelines for a long time and have now decided to participate.

So, I applied the BIOS 204 for my ux51vza-model and it did not mess with the brightness or anything. I think it made the fan noise quieter but it is still there though :( Another thing I noticed was that my laptop boots alot faster from total shut down - about 10 seconds and I am on the desktop. But I am not sure it has anything to do with the BIOS, only an observation I did after the BIOS update, which I hadn't experienced before.

The minus with this BIOS update is that I cannot acess the BIOS anymore. Anybody experienced this, and has found any solution?

Note: I have posted this reply on the other thread aswell. Sorry for the copypasta.

4. dogi

dogi Newbie

Reputations:
    Sadly I have to let the FHD requirement go.. I'm getting NP900X4D. Not (nearly?) as good as U500.. no touch, no FHD, no IPS etc.. but 899 EUR vs 1799 EUR :|

5. amac1000

amac1000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The BIOS thing happened to me as well. Turns out it was me being paranoid. The faster boot up means you get less chance to push F2. Just spam the thing as soon as you turn the laptop on and you'll get in eventually.

6. bagofjuice

bagofjuice Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks man. Crazy how much you have to spam that thing in order to get access to the BIOS.
    So the faster startup was a (positive)consequence of the BIOS update after all?

7. mrmumbels

mrmumbels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think I noticed that speed up too. 5 seconds from a shutdown state for me. That's just amazing.

8. sockfish

sockfish Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The new BIOS now specifies something about fast booting. I have not played around with it however.

9. celo

celo Newbie

Reputations:
  10. ipkryss

ipkryss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im gonna ask in here aswell because im desperate in finding a replacement charger for this laptop asap.

Did anyone find/buy a replacement adapter charger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.