ZBook Studio x360 G5 Questions

Discussion in 'HP' started by gamefoo21, Mar 22, 2019.

1. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I might be ordering a ZBS360G5 soon, but I'm having some difficulty answering some questions.

First up… What's a reliable way of getting spec sheets for models out of HP? Partsurfer doesn't have all the models and it's often not completely correct it seems.

Has anyone used the Sure View display? I can't find much about it, and for some reason, HP decided to cripple the specs in the Quick Specs about the SV panel details. I'm kind of torn over the battery life of the FHD SV display and the very pretty but battery hungry AG Dreamcolor.

Pulled from the ZB 15 G5 Spec sheet:
    Average Operating Power:

DreamColor 25W (Windows® 10 64-bit)
    Without DreamColor 16.8 W (Windows® 10 64-bit)

It also has the really sparcely detailed spec sheet on the Sure View display. I was going to use it as the example panel, but it's Anti-Glare, you know like the x360 should be.

The 15 G5(AG), Studio G5(AG), and the x360(Doesn't say BV or not and no active area measure), all have the same lame spec sheet on the Sure View option. It's so weird that only the 15u G5 has the decent spec layout, but it's active area is a tiny bit different so I'm not sure if I can use those specs.

Decisions decisions

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. oliver26n

oliver26n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a X360 G5 with the 4K dreamcolor display. It's easily the best display I've ever had in a laptop. On the other hand, I've heard nothing but bad things about the sure view option.