zBook G2 Owners - Alternatives to "Z Turbo Drive"?

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by timofcourse, Jan 13, 2015.

1. silverchairbg

silverchairbg Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm in Eastern Europe, but can get it shipped to England or Germany and then forward the package. The issue is I don't find this drive for sale, the one you linked is the one I currently have Sandisk 256 GB, but it gets too small for my needs (I already have 2 x 7200 rpm additional drives for data)

2. vavan_bous

vavan_bous Newbie

Reputations:
    HP has released an update for zbook 15 g2 on 14 may. It says "- Fixes an issue where the customized boot option does not function properly. -" did someone tried it? maybe nvme boot is fixed

3. silverchairbg

Reputations:
    @vavan_bous Good question, but knowing HP, I doubt it .. rarely vendors add missing functionality to old products .. it is just against commercial reasoning.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. silverchairbg

Reputations:
  5. gmikol07

gmikol07 Newbie

Reputations:
    The ssd nvme WD 500GB M.2 2280 pci-e NVMe SSD Blue sn500 will be correct for Zbook 17 G2? mabe someone have it?

6. luisxd

luisxd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just in case anyone needs it, here is technical white paper from the HP Zbook 15 G2, which seems HP vanished from their website. PDF

7. silverchairbg

Reputations:
    Managed to find and purchase a Brand New Samsung SM951 512GB MZHPV512HDGL i.e. the AHCI version and not NVMe. It required modification to the closing lid as somebody mentioned before, but besides that, it works as advertised without any hacks. The fascinating thing is, although bigger (in both size and capacity), it runs much cooler that the original 250 Sandisk, almost 20 C degrees cooler when running SSD benchmark. I hope that translates to longer life span.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019