ZBook: Dreamcolor vs. Dreamcolor "anti-glare"

Discussion in 'HP' started by Billy Cantor, Feb 14, 2019.

1. AlphaG

AlphaG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I received a CTO laptop months after the original order this week.

The configured display is a 4K DreamColor panel with anti-glare and the Windows Hello IR camera. I do not have the mechanical camera shutter as linked in the above video.

This post’s intention is to confirm that, as configured, the display does indeed have the same ‘etched’ glass cover with a single piece covering the display and bezels, just like on the X2. There are small round portions over the cameras that are spared the etch and are glossy.

The display, while I have not used it much yet, is bright and beautiful. I am very happy with the system so far!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  2. Billy Cantor

Billy Cantor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just realized that the "matte" finish display on the ZBook Studio G5 is not a touchscreen.

ZBook Studio G5 DreamColor = matte, non-touch
    ZBook Studio x360 G5 DreamColor = glossy, touch

That makes the decision easier for me: I need the touchscreen (even if I don't use the x360 in convertible mode).

3. AlphaG

Reputations:
    No, it’s a touchscreen. Not sure where you got that information.

4. Billy Cantor

Billy Cantor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    AlphaG, on the HP website when I configure a ZBook Studio G5 (vs the convertible ZBook Studio x360 G5), all the display options on the regular G5 do not include the word "touchscreen" (whereas options on the x360 G5 convertible do offer the word "touchscreen").

Also, on the B&H website it says that the ZBook Studio G5 (non-convertible) does not have a touchscreen. Maybe that's just the model(s) they have in stock though. On their specs for the regular G5, it says "Touchscreen: No"
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1416643-REG/hp_4nl40ut_aba_zbook_studio_g5_e_2176m.html

I saw a note that says that the "privacy camera" and the touchscreen options were mutually exclusive. Do all the regular G5s come with that privacy camera? If so perhaps that's why none of them are getting the touchscreen option?

Do you have a ZBook Studio G5 (non-convertible) that has a touchscreen? Which camera?

5. AlphaG

Reputations:
    Sorry, didn’t realize that you were comparing Studio to Studio x360. I see what you mean about the lack of a “touch” descriptor in the Studio configurator. I wonder if that’s an inconsistency rather than actually not being a touchscreen.

I have the Studio x360 with 600nit DreamColor with antiglare and IR camera (no manual shutter), and it is in fact a touchscreen.

6. zenbook 70

zenbook 70 Newbie

Reputations:
    Could you post a picture of the display?
    Is the anti glare coating easy to clean? Are fingerprints visible?
    How does the antiglare coating effect the colors and contrast?