Your Toughbook and W10...Things you need to know

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by toughasnails, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    That was good but sadly it's kinda true for some.

2. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    no foolin ...
    may people just "burr up" at the thought of using anything but M$ .
    some simply refuse to even entertain the idea while others whine and snivel about how "it's too hard to learn" or "it took me years to learn how to run M$ stuff ... i aint learning all over" .
    still , many of these same individuals pitch a fit about the sorry state of M$ affairs , invasion of privacy and other assorted gum-flapping all while being fully aware that in 10 minutes they will be drinking the M$ kool-aid .
    and why ? the list spans M$ proprietary formats to a plethora of programs that have not been ported to a 'nix operating system .
    this is much like the alcoholic that sits on a barstool crying and bemoaning his entrapment with no possible way out .

onirakkiss, toughasnails and Shawn like this.
  3. ThoriumPrime

ThoriumPrime Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Interestingly, back in the days when this was written, (the Mandrake era) Linux was my primary operating system for work. The only times I bothered firing up a virtual machine with Windows was when I needed to edit a file in Microsoft Project. (sucks) The rest I could do in StarOffice.

That was 15 years ago, and since then I find that PIM capabilities and integrated desktop experience for Linux has taken a step backwards. (While MS has at least been able to keep the Status Quo.) As a result I have ended up using Microsoft Office. For all its deficiencies I find there is no simpler way to process and move information around for day to day use. I'll be very happy the day when this is no longer the case.

-T

4. safn1949

safn1949 I'm sure I'm on the wrong planet

Reputations:
  5. toughasnails

Reputations:
    I heard about this last week. M$ is getting desperate and this is just another way to get us to switch to W10.

6. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    It does reek of desperation..

There has to be some motivation that we don't know about for the total push to Win10. I don't understand it all. I mean they already retrofitted the spyware into Win8 and Win7.
    I would like to think Microshaft is shooting itself in the foot, but way too many sheepeople drank the FREE OS from M$ Koolaid.
    I guess the marketing department at Microshaft took lessons from heroin dealers. Give it away for free for a "trial" period. Then once they are addicted, hose the victims big time.

toughasnails likes this.
  7. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    yeah ...
    has anyone noticed how cut-throat M$ has gotten since uncle bill split the scene ?
    it has taken some time but they have indeed arrived .
    by getting the cpu and other hardware manufacturers in bed together an environment that smacks of the old "protection racket" has evolved .
    one could also draw an analogy to all the senators that stabbed brutus ... safety in numbers .... et tu brute ?

this smacks of racketeering and strong-arm tactics .
    to come right out and (effectively) say that they have all been party to (essentially) collusion shows how "above the law" they take themselves to be .

MS can do this because it is the software that the consumers all use equally ... not the hardware .
    this gives them leverage and make no mistake ... there is only one outfit bigger than them ... the government ...
    but virtually all of the government's computers run (guess what) ... windows !
    so what is going on is that there is a circle-jer* with all of the aforementioned parties participating .

--- absolute power corrupts absolutely ---

onirakkiss, toughasnails and Shawn like this.
  8. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Very well put Larry.

9. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    Yes and it will be that way with the ones "who don't know better" or that there "is" alternatives with out swapping to the other flavor of koolaid (apple). But for those of us who really know what choice is.

[​IMG]

CWB32 likes this.
  10. toughasnails

Reputations:
    Dannemand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.