Your thoughts on the 2017 Dell Inspiron 7370 and 7570?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by B0B, Oct 17, 2017.

1. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

I found your video (before looking at this forum) and was shocked. Was looking forward to getting one of the Dells Inspiron either 2-in-1 or not, but this thermal limit turned me completely off.

Well, truth is, the 940mx als turned me off, and I hoped that they put in the successor mx150, but now I must assume that they will throttle it too.

In fact, I am pretty sure that they will throttle the mx150, because it has already happened on the Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1. In a german review https://notebooks-und-mobiles.de/dell-inspiron-17-7000-2-in-1-7773-im-test#comment-3032 they pointed out that the mx150 GPU is being throttled, which can also be seen by their firestrike benchmarks:

Dell 17 7000 (mx150+8550u): 2662 points
    Acer Aspire 5 (mx150+8250u): 3220 points

What a joke...
    B0B likes this.
  2. B0B

B0B Notebook Consultant

I'm glad you found out about this before buying! Honestly I cannot recommend the laptop to anyone.

The dGPU is useless and i'd send people in a different direction if they said they don't need the 940mx.

Then I should mention the build quality too in this post as well. I knew mine was a bit bent, but others have noticed theirs in the same way as mine.

This laptop just seems like a new CPU with leftover parts from their parts bin.