Your thoughts on "jv16 PowerTools 2011"

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Kaspersky666, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotEnoughMinerals

NotEnoughMinerals Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Interesting, how are you liking Revo Uninstaller? I'm considering picking it up myself.

Can you get it to auto clean junk with daily/weekly scans?

2. Kaspersky666

Kaspersky666 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I usually format my laptop, install windows, configure my personal folders (docs, vids, etc.), perform all windows updates, create a backup image using Acronis True Image

Then I install all the drivers, then create a TrueImage

Then I install Office then create a TrueImage

Then Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator & Audition then True Image

THEN I install my antivirus, and other programs, so this way, I can easily go back to any restore point. Lets see they released a new service pack for Office, so i restore back to the point before my Office installation, that way I have the chance to reinstall it again with the latest service pack without messing with my registry.

\But now that I have Revo Uninstaller, I am gonna go back to my first Image, install Revo Uninstaller, and start all over again.

I will give you my impressions soon as I didn't install the program yet but I read good reviews about it.

Bear in mind that one negative thing I read in the review is that when cleaning the junk files, Revo Uninstaller doesn't inform you that your browser is running and thus cannot clean those temp browser files, it only says its finished and the temp browser files are still there. Not a big deal for me because I didn't buy the program to clean my junk, I bought it for the uninstaller.

So ill stick to using CCleaner I guess

3. NotEnoughMinerals

NotEnoughMinerals Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea, I'll prob just keep on with CCleaner, let me know how the program goes for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.