Your Notebook's Looks

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by battlecat, Apr 24, 2006.

?

Did you...

1. Buy a sexy, sooo glad you did!!

58.3%
  2. Buy a sexy, the feeling wore off :(

8.7%
  3. Buy an ugly, wish you bought a sexy :(

8.1%
  4. Buy an ugly, still don't give a bleeep!!!

24.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battlecat

battlecat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd like to see pics too!!!! :eek: :eek:

2. Metamorphical

Metamorphical Good computer user

Reputations:
    I have white bumpers. What does that tell you?

3. Reize

Reize Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I like Dell's white bumpers... I think they look nice... =X

4. xAMDvsIntelx

xAMDvsIntelx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Eh, I bought my E1705 for the sheer power and performance it had for the price - looks are nice, but I went for functionality this time. The white bumpers don't really bother me - they look fine IMO.

5. Metamorphical

Reputations:
    Lol, There fine. There are uglier notebooks. Atleast mine isn't Florida Gators Orange like one of my friends. XD

6. otaku

otaku Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not a fan of the white bumpers. Silver is fine I guess, with blue lighting. Orange painted? If you like orange that'd be great. I like blue and red better myself.

7. Metamorphical

Reputations:
    Have you ever seen an old Dodge Charger driving down the road? That's basicly what color it is.

8. Malia

Malia Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Go for the sexy!

I got Fujitsu N6210 even though I liked the look of N6100 much better because I was very much afraid of the fan problems of the N6100. N6210 looks much better than most laptops, but it just screamed boring to me. After a few days, I wanted to return it, but I really didn't have an alternative because the fan problem sounded horrendous. I didn't know what to do.

I was going to paint it. But, long story short, I ended up getting my laptop inside the N6100 case. Unfortunately, I have the black N6210 keyboard, which looks weird and outta place. But the whole experience made me value it more, so it's like a family member now. I suppose it comes after the cat. (The cat likes to sleep behind laptops so that she gets all the fanned heat on her.)

I feel alright about how it looks, but I'd definitely spend a few hundred more if it could look normal - like, no strange black keyboard and all. If I could buy this laptop pre-painted for a few hundred more, I'd do it. Then again, I make a lot more money than I actually spend, so it just goes into loans/savings, so I won't feel it if I spend a few hundred here or there, I'll only feel it much much later, and later doesn't count.

Oh, and I haven't had many people see my laptop since I don't like to hang out with it in Starbucks or whatever unless I have a very specific reason, but the part that attracted the most attention is the screen, not the case. Oh the beautiful beautiful screen... Once you go Fujitsu, you don't go back :)

Malia

9. lowlymarine

lowlymarine Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I too don't really find the white bumpers on my I9300 that hideous, they certainly fit in with the look. Plus I don't much care...the Go6800, P-M 750, and 2GB of RAM make me quickly forget any cosmetic imperfections. ;)

10. 4ndr3

4ndr3 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I agree with this frase.... lol no other notebook is more sexy than v6 chasis.:D