Your Notebook's Looks

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by battlecat, Apr 24, 2006.

?

Did you...

1. Buy a sexy, sooo glad you did!!

58.3%
  2. Buy a sexy, the feeling wore off :(

8.7%
  3. Buy an ugly, wish you bought a sexy :(

8.1%
  4. Buy an ugly, still don't give a bleeep!!!

24.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadie48

Sadie48 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I know I shouldnt care about looks, but I try to have all my toys match...ie car, bike, laptop, phone, etc... I guess its a girl thing.

2. Aeris

Aeris Otherworldly

Reputations:
    I bought a Sager NP9262 and I am happy with its professional but classy looks. :) I am a girl, by the way.

3. plasma.

plasma. herpyderpy

Reputations:
    looks are one of the biggest factors for me, just look at the laptops im considering: vaio FW, toshba qosmio g55, acer gemstone 8930

4. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    Well looks are important to me as well(girl again lol so I guess it is a thing for us :rolleyes: )

Like Saddie, I like to have things that match and look nice. I remember I bought a steel colored USB with a blue light JUST to match my old HP Pavillion notebook lol XD and my mouse is grey and black...:p So I was thinking just getting another HP laptop just because I alreayd haev the matching gear lol XD

Anyways, yeah looks are somewhat important to me. If I am to stare at my laptop for idk how long, I'd like to be at the very least not a pain to look at. That being said, it's a matter of opinion and likes, I don't like overly flashy stuff(no no to the x305 Quosmio), but if you give me an HP dv5 or a Toshiba A305 or a Sony Vaio FW, then I would find those quite appealing.

My preference lies between a balance of sleek/professional and also casual. I don't particularly want a business class notebook, but I don't want something too shiny and fancy either. I find generally most companies can usual pull this off pretty well though.

5. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    I bought a sexy, sleek red XPS 1530 ~ named *Scarlett* the red..by the way (soo fitting)...I wanted something stylish..yet functional and presentable!

And, yes it's a girl thing for me...Although blue is my favorite color..I just can't seem to get enough of the *reds*! :) :yes: Especially the deeper, crimson, metallic reds!

But, not only did I want a sexy lappy, I wanted a lappy that would work well for me and my needs! And, the 1530 is surely doing that! ;) :cool: My netbook is going to be the color red, also!

So, it's a blend of what your getting on the inside and the outside...plus personal preference.

I also have several electronic gadgets in red! :) :)

Cin ;) :)

6. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    I was mad when I accidentally bought a pink laptop, but that's about it.

When I bought my most recent laptop I was just going for size and specs. Looks aren't really that important to me.

7. Melody

Reputations:
    I doubt that in general cases(there are exceptions, but in general), the look is the most determining factor. It may be one of importance for some people, but I doubt it will ever really trump the performance factor of a laptop.

The scenario where looks would play such a determining role would be for laptops of similar specs and similar price and size. In this case, the looks would be the main factor determining them apart.

8. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    I can say that when I am interested in something...it's the look that get's me first! Is, it going to appeal to me? Am, I going to be happy with it?

As, when you first see something..it's the eyes that see it first!

And, making sure the spec's/config's are going to work ~ is a tremendous factor! ;)

It's a combination of both...And again, personal preference ;)

9. Melody

Reputations:
    Well as said, it is a factor and perhaps it is the first one to apply, but in general cases, it isn't the determining one.

Take people for example, you may be tempted to talk to someone because they look interesting, but it is whether or not they actually are interesting that will make you keep talking to them or walk away.

The first impression strikes an important cord in the marketing strategy, but a long term decision like a laptop is rarely made on the basis of first impressions.

I myself admit that a good looking machine appeals to me(at least for laptops, desktops all look like boxes to me lol :p) and I'll be tempted to go look at it and yes, looks can make me be willing to sacrifice some specs on a machine if I can afford to(i.e it won't hugely affect the performance of what I'd need)

10. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Yes, of course, we know it's not the determining factor! :) But first impression also stays on your mind, until you find something other than the first, and that's seemingly replaced! :)

It's also the pricing of a laptop (what your getting for your money), your personal preference on the config/specs, and what brand you want, and suggestions from your peers, that also play part!!

My best friend is looking at a lappy right now..She has never had one..and, the first thing she said when she was interested in one she saw was *ooh, pretty color* :) LOL, then looked at another...same reaction :rolleyes: :p..But her boyfriend has calmed her down somewhat, and has made want a blend of both *nice exterior/nice intererior* :)

And, yes LOL desktops! Though, today...they are doing everything they can to *pretty them up* for the appeal value! :)