Your Notebook's Looks

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by battlecat, Apr 24, 2006.

?

Did you...

1. Buy a sexy, sooo glad you did!!

58.3%
  2. Buy a sexy, the feeling wore off :(

8.7%
  3. Buy an ugly, wish you bought a sexy :(

8.1%
  4. Buy an ugly, still don't give a bleeep!!!

24.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l33t_c0w

l33t_c0w Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not sure any of the poll options apply to me. I bought a "sexy", and I'm slightly annoyed by the glowing Apple, but still like it aesthetically for the most part, but probably would like something a little "uglier" a little bit better. A non-slot loading optical drive -- a normal one -- would be welcome too. Less sexy, but quieter, and never eats disks.

I agree about the business look. Your old Toshiba looks like it's got some key travel though... I want to type on it. I don't think I'd mind having a laptop that looked like that, if the keyboard was good.

2. AHHHRT

AHHHRT Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think I'm perhaps the only person in my group of friends that's in love with the Vostro look. Which is why I voted "Bought an ugly, but still don't give a..."

IMO, simplicity is always better.

3. battlecat

battlecat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i somewhat agree that simplicity is good, i don't like anything too flashy, but also something that looks solid is very important.

4. pixelot

pixelot Notebook Acolyte

Reputations:
    None of the above. My notebook is nothing flashy, but I like it's looks.

5. Democracy

Democracy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sexy, but it wore off... I haven't even received it yet. Hoping to get a Schticker to slap on it soon.

6. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    I bought my Voodoo laptop for looks, but I bought it unpainted.
    My laptop is in the process of being painted and leafed right now, and it looks amazing.
    Sometimes sexy does not wear off. I am in love with my laptop, and we have come along way together.

The main reason why I didnt have it painted, was I could save $1400, and I could modify the thing like crazy before getting it painted the way I want it.

It is looking awesome right now. There are 17 layers of paint, including 5 layers of clear.
    Lots of paint = more awesome and durable finish.

This coming weekend, Rahul Sood, the owner of Voodoo PC will be signing the base of my laptop, before the last three coats of clear are applied.

I cant wait to get my system back.
    3 months for paint = lots of anticipation.
    But I know that good things take time, so I am very psyched my system is nearly done.

K-TRON

7. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    The great thing about HP's is their design. You dont need to modify anything. They put gloss on everything, even the keyboard lol

HP pavilions are ALL SHOW, NO GO
    (until they start putting better gpu's)

8. lellarap

lellarap Newbie

Reputations:
    wow, man. just, wow.

the greater part of me which thinks you are nucking futs! can't help but be aware of the smaller part of me that is anticipating pictures of your new do :cool:

as for meee i love, love, looove my Dell Vostro 1400. it's my first laptop, but that's not why i love it. it's simple and elegant, or simply elegant. it's not flashy, yet not ugly by any means. it's just a pleasure for me to look at and use. =] sometimes simple is better--besides, simplicity always stands the test of time.

cheers!

9. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I have an Asus S96J and its rather bland looking but I bought it for the components and graphics card inside rather than looks.

It definitely looks a lot better than the Dell E1505 that I was originally going to get.

10. gorbs

gorbs Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i just picked up a matte black dell 1520 inspiron that looks very good at least to me. but i was wondering who else thinks a laptop with the new Ironman movie paint scheme would be sexy or not.

not a picture of Ironman but painting the laptop using the colors of the suit.