Your first TOUGHBOOK

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by jtstealthuser, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    Guys -

I'm FULLY AWARE that shell programs DON'T multitask... in the case of a user interface for children (who will invariably find the ONE THING to click on that can blow up a program) that is a GOOD THING.

I remember a number of GUI DOS-shell based educational software packages from the Win95-98 days that would be GREAT on a 800x600 screen if they could be optimized for TouchScreen; plus, they'd run like gangbusters on a PIII/600.

mnem
    toze.

2. wtomlinson

wtomlinson Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i remember the first one i ever used was a CF-74. i thought, man this thing's a piece of junk (just the feel of it) then i got hooked on it after using it.

same way with the CF-19 (i was introduced to them around the same time). when i figured out you can toss it around and still use it, i never looked back.

i now own a 74 and a 19.

3. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Here's one: SEAL GUI, don't know about Touchscreen though.

4. Driller

Driller Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    am new to this guys,got started back in '83 with a Dec Rainbow 100 +, 10 meg hard drive using cpm and dos, built a few desktops, have couple of laptops, but got into cf-29's recently, 3 cf-29htlgzbm's with lit kb's and touchscreens and now a cf-29 ntqgzbm with ts and dvd multipack, upgraded memory 1 gb each batteries and looking to get inside them for more upgrades. but am reading and studying all you say before taking the leap. feel like i'm with family here. one that i'd choose, Driller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.