***Yoga 2 Pro Owners Thread***

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by JayWalker7, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxinfo

maxinfo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had a Windows 8 Pro upgrade key. After I upgraded I had to disable the TPM requirement in the GPO. (How To Use BitLocker on Drives without TPM)

2. hapbeeboy

hapbeeboy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I saw your post with the blue carbon fiber skin, looks great! I've used skinomi before and like their products, but I too wish they had more options for colors/patterns on their skins. I was worried about the screen getting scratched since I'll be using in tablet and tent mode alot, and also wanted to cover the laptop lid, bottom and around the keyboard, I actually really like the look of the y2p as is, but applied skinomi for protection more than anything. If i get tired of it, perhaps I'll grab a DecalRUs to give it a different flavor. =)

ferrydust likes this.
  3. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Skinomi is on sale at Amazon for $18.95 I believe, great deal for skin + screen protector. I'm going Carbon Fiber and I do see that Skinomi covers all surfaces and DOES DO LOGO CUTOUTS which is a big deal to me.

4. Doudadouda

Doudadouda Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone
    I'm quite interested in this new laptot but I also have a few questions first. I want to buy what I would call the "basic model" of the Yoga pro 2 : http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Ordinateurs/showdetl.cfm?product_id=4906147#xtor=AL-47-35[comparateur-cpc]-60008[shopping]-[shopping] (yes, I'm french)
    I have hesitated with the asus transformer book tx 300 but I think the lenovo is definitely better : do you agree ?

Here are my two questions :
    1) What about the battery ? I read lenovo said it was up to 9 hours... Is it so ? During the day, I will use this computer for my study. So I have to have a laptop that will last a whole day (7, 9 hours?) with brightness quite low and for tasks like word or excel. Do you think it will be the case ?

2) I also want to have fun on this computer. Do you think it will run some games ? Of course I know it's not its purpose. But still... With such a configuration, will I be able to play games such as : counter strike, team fortress, left for dead, the sims 3...?

I think this is all : Thank you very much, dear users of the lovo pro 2 :)

5. TheTownie

TheTownie Newbie

Reputations:
    Is your touchpad surface starting to wear away already? Looks like it from the pic.

6. opus567

opus567 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My shipping date, originally Nov 19 and then changed to Jan 1, is now back to Nov 18. So I guess there's hope...

7. ferrydust

ferrydust Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does the skin really come apart right down the middle?? Above and below the keyboard and touchpad? I've never seen a skin do that... Am I interpreting it incorrectly from the pictures? Seems such an odd choice for what should otherwise be a seamless look as much as possible.

I've had really poor experience with Skinomi screen protectors in past, but I know many people have great experiences with them and highly recommend them. Anyway, I frequently use a privacy screen filter, so I figure it's best for me not to have anything on my screen (let's the privacy filter stick directly to the screen, and protects much of it that way anyway.

My impression of the Decalrus skin is that it also covers the touchpad, where a lot of wear seems to be most apparent.

So, without having either skin in hand, it looks to me like with Skinomi you get screen protector, sides protected, a slit down the middle, logo cutout; and with Decalrus you get touchpad protector, no logo cutout. I wonder how the textures compare.

Thank you to those posting photos; it's really helpful.

8. Crazysah

Crazysah Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There is hope. Mine just shipped today. :D

bpetch likes this.
  9. frank_the_bunny

frank_the_bunny Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't know where Lenovo got that 9 hours number from, but it certainly was not on a production Yoga 2 Pro. I average about 6 hours of batter life with about moderate resource/CPU usage. You can get over 7 hours with lighter use or by dropping the resolution of the display to 1080 or lower.

I have not tried any of those games on my Y2P, but I don't think you will have any problem running them. So far, I have been impressed with how well games run on the Intel 4400 GPU, just don't expect to be able to turn up the detail levels on 3D games.

ferrydust likes this.
  10. redware

redware Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, mine was delayed, then ended up shipping a few days after the original date. It left Japan today and is supposed to get to me in Ohio Thursday!

josetheman37 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.